PDA

View Full Version : All the fun in GLamis

Str8Wicked
12-02-2002, 08:48 AM
It wasn't worth the drive this Thanksgiving in my opinion. comp being closed, Olds being shut down every night, and the cops raiding the sand drags every afternoon just gave us the impression that we weren't welcome there. Which I figure we weren't this past weekend. I have never seen the ranger be so strict in my life down there and from what I understand just the same amount of people got hurt as last year. Every morning we would wake up.. drink a few for breakfast than hit the quads for a bit. After that got ake the Avi out for some fun, mayby grub some lunch than hit the drags with the trucks.. After the cops broke that up we kicked it for a while, tried to get to Olds which was so packed you couldn't make it in, than get turned away from the cops. Go back to the camp and get waisted wth a few bottles of gas and some fire..... That was pretty much our trip to Glamis.... Hey planning to go the week between Xmas and New Years if anyone is interested.

own2424
12-02-2002, 12:50 PM
more pics?

Str8Wicked
12-02-2002, 01:10 PM
only took a few. Since I was driving I didn't get to take many with my camera.

Str8Wicked
12-02-2002, 01:11 PM
another one

Str8Wicked
12-02-2002, 01:12 PM
one more..

own2424
12-02-2002, 01:19 PM
WOW!!! That is a TON of poeple! The most poeple I saw this summer was like 25! Ha, I cant wait to come back this December! Glad you had fun...:D

Davids440ex
12-02-2002, 09:21 PM
that Ford F-650 has 185,000$ in to it

Davids440ex
12-02-2002, 09:30 PM
did you get a pic of the sexcursion?

AlaskaSpeed
12-02-2002, 09:36 PM
That F650 is just plain awesome! We were in Glamis for Easter and saw that thing driving down to Olds. The truck sounds even better than it looks...kinda whistles right by you. When we were there, the rangers were strict, but not as bad as you describe. We went around the road blocks by avoiding the Sand Hwy altogether. We would make the speed night run through the center of the dunes which was amazing for a newbie to behold. JIM

own2424
12-03-2002, 06:18 AM
hey dude, ITS PEOPLE LIKE YOU that made the gov't crack down on people at glamis. So you think drinking some beers, getting wasted and then blasting off on a quad is cool? I think you an ********* for drinking for breakfast and ride.
I dont think he is the ONLY one that does this! The way I heard it, basically EVERYONE does it!:devil

BornOnFire
12-03-2002, 06:58 AM
Originally posted by beerock

hey dude, ITS PEOPLE LIKE YOU that made the gov't crack down on people at glamis.

So you think drinking some beers, getting wasted and then blasting off on a quad is cool?

SOrry bro, but your RUINING GLAMIS!!!!!!!!!!

I never got a chance to make it out to glamis when I was in san diego, but from what you said, it doesnt sound like it was too fun.... at least on a holiday weekend anyhow.....

Str8Wicked, how could you even post something like this?

I know youll prolly hate me after this but I really don't care you should'nt be fuc$en drinking and riding...

I think you an ********* for drinking for breakfast and ride.

Maybe you should do one or the other......

if you can't do it that way then GO TO ****!

cuz its people like you that are getting places like glamis closed down.

:macho :grr :grr :grr :grr :grr :grr

East Tiger! You can get off of your soapbox now!:rolleyes:

You have never been to Glamis yet you have an opinion as to why it's being closed down? Perhaps you should take a trip down there and see what it's like for yourself before you start insulting people with your mindless pompousity.

That was a little harsh dont you think???:mad:

You can have an opinion but do you really need to tell people to go to He//?? A real class act man.........

As far as the "Sexcursion" goes, that is my friend "Bill's" from here in Tucson. We were riding in that thing Friday night and let me tell you, the women were begging to get in. It was funny coming around the corner in that thing and watching guys drop their beers with their mouths wide open. That thing is insane! Train car suspension and airbrushed wheel wells......SICK!

QuadJunkies
12-03-2002, 07:24 AM
Originally posted by Str8Wicked
It wasn't worth the drive this Thanksgiving in my opinion. comp being closed, Olds being shut down every night, and the cops raiding the sand drags every afternoon just gave us the impression that we weren't welcome there. Which I figure we weren't this past weekend. I have never seen the ranger be so strict in my life down there and from what I understand just the same amount of people got hurt as last year. Every morning we would wake up.. drink a few for breakfast than hit the quads for a bit. After that got ake the Avi out for some fun, mayby grub some lunch than hit the drags with the trucks.. After the cops broke that up we kicked it for a while, tried to get to Olds which was so packed you couldn't make it in, than get turned away from the cops. Go back to the camp and get waisted wth a few bottles of gas and some fire..... That was pretty much our trip to Glamis.... Hey planning to go the week between Xmas and New Years if anyone is interested. Wow.. thats too bad it wasnt all that fun..I hope they keep our dunes here in Idaho clear of all the patrol:mad: The one thing I like about Idaho dunes is...not too crowded,no DB levels and awesome sand, :D I hope your trip up on Christams is better,maybe you should give Idaho a try next summer???;)

Str8Wicked
12-03-2002, 08:55 AM
hey dude, ITS PEOPLE LIKE YOU that made the gov't crack down on people at glamis.

So you think drinking some beers, getting wasted and then blasting off on a quad is cool?

SOrry bro, but your RUINING GLAMIS!!!!!!!!!!

I never got a chance to make it out to glamis when I was in san diego, but from what you said, it doesnt sound like it was too fun.... at least on a holiday weekend anyhow.....

Str8Wicked, how could you even post something like this?

I know youll prolly hate me after this but I really don't care you should'nt be fuc$en drinking and riding...

I think you an ********* for drinking for breakfast and ride.

Maybe you should do one or the other......

if you can't do it that way then GO TO ****!

cuz its people like you that are getting places like glamis closed down.

OK first off, who said we were getting waisted and jumping on our quads...

I said we would get up drink a few in the morning which got rid of our hang over fromt the night before and go riding.

I don't know what kind of light weight you are but a few beers don't do much for me let alone get me wasted.

Did you even happen to notice at the end of my paragraph I added we went back to camp to get wasited?

Your an idiot, pay attention to what you are reading before you comment on it......

Str8Wicked
12-03-2002, 08:56 AM
I'm trying to get the pics my friends took developed so I can scan them in...

Rm125
12-03-2002, 10:21 AM
glamis looks so sweet,
im planning a trip there in a few years.

MSL
12-03-2002, 11:44 AM
drinking and driving or riding is not a good idea, If something happens and you hurt somebody and you have been drinking
it will ruin the rest of your life.

Str8Wicked
12-03-2002, 11:46 AM
I'm not gonna rethink it since I do it, and I'm not ashamed of doing it.

I have 1 or two beers and ride, so what...

Yes I do it since I am not even buzzed or drunk yet.

I am definitly not a stupid rider and will never get on a quad if I feel I am buzzed or drunk.

My friends wouldn't let me ride if they saw I were buzzed or drunk eithier... We've seen to many people loaded who hurt them selves really bad and we ain't gonna be one of them....

Nothing to be ashamed of here but have fun with your morrally wrong speaches anyways if it makes you feel better......

Ask my son.. he'll tell you.... ha ha ha ha

fooracer
12-03-2002, 02:56 PM
Ok I saw wicked driving the Avi there and hes NOT one of the morons. People get hurt because they do stupid things like stand out in the middle of the drags and get hit by rails, You know what I mean if you were there. Yeah sure its probably not the best idea to drink a couple and ride but as long as he's not affected by it what does it matter, he seems like a smart enought guy to me to know when he can ride and when he cant.
Did anyone see us driving the mule down at Olds on Fri. night? Its was pretty cool but we broke it because we jumped it about 6ft. high, lol. It was cool but my ***** still hurts from the landing. Hey str8 did you see us driving the black Avi at the drags at all, I was soo scared my friend was driving and was goin like 55mph, hes one of the morons.
:grr

QuadJunkies
12-03-2002, 03:00 PM
ok.. not everyone is going to agree wtih each other here... lets just hang this one up before it turns into a closed thread.:D ;)

Sparks425Ex
12-03-2002, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
ok.. not everyone is going to agree wtih each other here... lets just hang this one up before it turns into a closed thread.:D ;)

I agree. I say lets all just post some sweet pictures of Glamis and other dunes. I wanna see some cool drag shots and some more of those sweet trucks.

Str8Wicked
12-03-2002, 03:39 PM
fooracer... I did see a black Avi.. it was sstock.. damn that thing was flying down the draggs.. Did you happen to see the hummies with there buns out the window of the Avi cruizing down the drags... lol... I had fun at the drags....

Str8Wicked
12-03-2002, 03:44 PM
found these on the net from this weekend

Str8Wicked
12-03-2002, 03:45 PM
found one more

BornOnFire
12-03-2002, 03:54 PM
Remember this?? http://images.cardomain.com/installs/192000-192999/192281_24.jpg

BornOnFire
12-03-2002, 03:57 PM
Another
http://images.cardomain.com/installs/192000-192999/192281_27.jpg

BornOnFire
12-03-2002, 03:57 PM
last one.......

http://images.cardomain.com/installs/192000-192999/192281_29_full.jpg

BornOnFire
12-03-2002, 04:22 PM
Your point has been heard......are you done now? I think that we all can agree that drinking and driving is foolish. You don't have to be confrontational and start a flame war here. This is a thread about Thanksgiving at Glamis. Not a venue about your opinion getting hammered into everyones head over and over......give it up...you have been heard!

Davids440ex
12-03-2002, 04:35 PM
that truck is so sweet

Str8Wicked
12-03-2002, 04:53 PM
Your point has been heard......are you done now? I think that we all can agree that drinking and driving is foolish. You don't have to be confrontational and start a flame war here. This is a thread about Thanksgiving at Glamis. Not a venue about your opinion getting hammered into everyones head over and over......give it up...you have been heard

Thank you.......

SO who else made it out for the past weekend anyways...

I was looking for Rider stickers but didn't happen to catch any...

beerock
12-03-2002, 05:28 PM
ok cool ,

nice pics by the way

fooracer
12-03-2002, 05:48 PM
Yeah the Avi we were in had like a 8in. lift but it probably look stock because we were mobbin' through them whoops pretty hard, lol. Im probably going to be there between x-mas and new years so if your there at the same time we'll have to ride. I saw your truck and I was all yellin at my friends " hey i know who that is!" . They just thought you had the baddest f'n Avi on the planet. Last year we had chicks all over the mule because we were like the first group out there with a mule in it but now everyones got the Polaris Rangers and other mules so we dont get as many babes. But we're still the only ones with a system in it...:D

desert-rider
12-03-2002, 09:42 PM
1st of 3

Davids440ex
12-03-2002, 09:43 PM
nice perfect timing

desert-rider
12-03-2002, 09:44 PM
next

same one as above except on the sand

desert-rider
12-03-2002, 09:47 PM
last one

good one of the crowds

PismoGuy400
12-03-2002, 09:59 PM
how big of a lift kit do you think is on that excursion?

that thing is huuuggee.

cool pics everyone

beerock-

have you seen his truck?... i honestly believe that if he was even thinking about getting drunk he WOULD put the keys to his truck away for the time being, its to nice to take a chance of messing it up.

PismoGuy400
12-03-2002, 10:03 PM
oh yea, i forgot to ask you, str8wicked...

you dont have any pics of you wheelin' your rig?.. if not mabey you could describe some fun adventures..

none that result in a bad way though, like the drags.. that sucks why cant the cops ust let you guys have fun..

later..

Davids440ex
12-03-2002, 10:11 PM
it has 44 in tire that look small on it

QuadJunkies
12-03-2002, 11:38 PM
Man that paint job on the truck is SAAWWEETT!!:blah If I lived up there I would have to own a rail too!:D

QuadJunkies
12-03-2002, 11:39 PM
Oh, I forgot to ask... are the dunes very big there?? at a distance they dont look big..

Big - D Racing
12-03-2002, 11:47 PM
I guarantee you Glamis has the biggest dunes you will ever see unless you go to some mideastern country that is one giant dune. I'm pretty sure they are the biggest in the states. The pictures your seeing are on the drags. The drags are located in the flats where there aren't much big size dunes around. Go past the drags and there is endless miles of Dunes of all sizes and shapes. I've been to many dunes and Glamis has the largest bowls I've ever seen.

Castor-426ex
12-03-2002, 11:48 PM
ill drink and ride if i want to...as long as im not donuttin in your yard...im a big boy...and i give 2 ****s and a ****....

thats my perspective...if you know your limit...cool

if you get plastered...stay off the quad....

i dont use common sense when i ride sober...

and ill jackslap a treehugger who has somethin to say about it

QuadJunkies
12-03-2002, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by Big - D Racing
I guarantee you Glamis has the biggest dunes you will ever see unless you go to some mideastern country that is one giant dune. I'm pretty sure they are the biggest in the states. The pictures your seeing are on the drags. The drags are located in the flats where there aren't much big size dunes around. Go past the drags and there is endless miles of Dunes of all sizes and shapes. I've been to many dunes and Glamis has the largest bowls I've ever seen. So how big are we talkin here..?? any Idea?? I ahve seen some of the pics and I can tell its endless miles of riding.. I wsh someone here would post some pics of them out riding on some of the bowls:D They have some nice ones here in Idaho too.. So how high up are some of the dunes there?

Big - D Racing
12-04-2002, 12:16 AM
here's a pic you can see some dunes in the background

Big - D Racing
12-04-2002, 12:17 AM
another

Big - D Racing
12-04-2002, 12:19 AM
one more, I couldn't find any pics of how far the dunes go out, but i'm sure i can look through my pics and scan one

CHAUNCY
12-04-2002, 08:44 AM
that buggy pics is awsome

Str8Wicked
12-04-2002, 08:54 AM
We'll we basically had fun all around in the Avi.. I know there has to be pics of it floating around the net cause when we would roll down the drags all we saw was flashes from camera's and lights from video camera's..... It helped a lot that we had 2 girls in the back seat and one in the front taking there cloths off and hanging out the window. Hopefully someone I know got some good pics....

I did have some mean adventures in the dunes with my 400 thou... Saturday we went in for about an 1-2 hours to mess around and I have never riden my 400 as hard as I did that day. It was so much fun till we decided to go back to camp and noticed we were in the middle of no where. Well after riding around for 30 mins. we found this huge dune and decided to go up it. Luckily when we got to the top we were able to see for miles and miles and even got to see some RV's where we knew our camp was... Damn that was a fun ride....

Definintly doing it again. Will be out there the 13th at night till the 15th.

As for that Excursion, it belongs to Craig Elder. I believe it is a 20 inch lift when the air bag are let down and a 32 inch lift when they are aired up.

That thing is friggin mean...

QuadJunkies
12-04-2002, 10:43 AM
We met this guy over the summer , he has a couple of wicked quads too, gonna try and talk him into going to St. A's with us in July..:D THis rail was alot of fun, I have a pic somewhere of me wheeling up Thunder Mnt. in a rail,ill have to try and find it.

QuadJunkies
12-04-2002, 10:44 AM
Uh... DUH! heres the pic..

Str8Wicked
12-04-2002, 10:48 AM
I've been wanting my friend to take his dads rail with a twin turbo RX-7 Rotory engine in it. I've been wanting to drive one and see how the feel...

They look like sick fun

QuadJunkies
12-04-2002, 10:53 AM
I've been wanting my friend to take his dads rail with a twin turbo RX-7 Rotory engine in it. I've been wanting to drive one and see how the feel...

They look like sick fun Oh, they area total kick in the pants!my kids even get a rush when we get air in them!!:blah

Str8Wicked
12-04-2002, 11:29 AM
Guess I'm gonna need a new toy... lol...

AlaskaSpeed
12-04-2002, 11:55 AM
We were in total awe of Glamis. It is indeed immense. Here is a pic to give you a view........JIM

own2424
12-04-2002, 01:00 PM
Dont worry everyone...Ill get some sweet pics for you when I go down to GLamis for xmas! ;)

AlaskaSpeed
12-04-2002, 01:10 PM
Here is an RX-7 powered rail we got a ride in. Some crazy mofo took me for a ride that I will never forget. I believe it was twin turbo charged as well.........about an $80k rail..........JIM`

Str8Wicked
12-04-2002, 02:23 PM
were not worthy... were not worthy...

I'll make sure to get some pics this time I go out... I was laughing at my cousin cause the first day we were there I handed him my camera and told him to gets some good pics... I got home and there was 5 pics only.......

what a dumb ***.... lol

own2424
12-04-2002, 02:28 PM
were not worthy... were not worthy...

I'll make sure to get some pics this time I go out... I was laughing at my cousin cause the first day we were there I handed him my camera and told him to gets some good pics... I got home and there was 5 pics only.......

what a dumb ***.... lol LoL...maybe ill see you down at GLamis or Bcup during xmas wweek?!

Str8Wicked
12-04-2002, 05:37 PM
LoL...maybe ill see you down at GLamis or Bcup during xmas wweek?!

well I won't be able to Xmas week. I promised the wife I would stay home since I left for Thanksgiving weekend. I know for sure I am at Glamis the 13-15. Anyways I wanted to try to get some boarding time in during Xmas week since my snowboard's done nothing but collect dust...

QuadJunkies
12-04-2002, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by AlaskaSpeed
Here is an RX-7 powered rail we got a ride in. Some crazy mofo took me for a ride that I will never forget. I believe it was twin turbo charged as well.........about an $80k rail..........JIM` Great pics!!:blah :blah If there was anything I could get totally insane on,it would be a Rail!They are such a blast .The pic above us of in the rail the guy had around 25,000-30.000 invested in it.. 80,000 now THAT is insane...:eek: :eek:

desert-rider
12-04-2002, 09:45 PM
Here is another pic of the dune area these are mostly small ones.

Chef
12-04-2002, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by BornOnFire

As far as the "Sexcursion" goes, that is my friend "Bill's" from here in Tucson. We were riding in that thing Friday night and let me tell you, the women were begging to get in. It was funny coming around the corner in that thing and watching guys drop their beers with their mouths wide open. That thing is insane! Train car suspension and airbrushed wheel wells......SICK!

Got any pics of the beast?

BornOnFire
12-05-2002, 06:29 AM
Well, I posted some earlier in this thread but I do have some video of us in it. I will have to see if I can get it converted to disc. I wonder how the heck I would do that??

own2424
12-05-2002, 06:53 AM
Hey, Im in school right now...It snowed here in NJ and barely anyone went to school and my town just HAD to keep the school open for some reasON!? Well, Im just surfing the web and came accross some great pics from Glamis from Tday. Man, it looks like all of you there had FUN! I saw that pic of the purple rail that flipped, any of you guys see it? BTW, I checked out the pics on GLamisdunes.com

Str8Wicked
12-05-2002, 08:52 AM
There was a rail who hit two quads at the drags on Sat. if that is what you were referring to?

own2424
12-05-2002, 11:21 AM
There was a rail who hit two quads at the drags on Sat. if that is what you were referring to? i borrowed this from Photosport.com...is this the pic your talkin about?

QuadJunkies
12-05-2002, 12:14 PM
HOLY COW!!!:eek: :eek: was everyone Ok??

MSL
12-05-2002, 12:20 PM
:eek:

own2424
12-05-2002, 12:26 PM
From what I read so far, I heard that a couple poeple from RIS Designs got injured! Hope they get better sooN!:(

Str8Wicked
12-05-2002, 01:35 PM
Yeah I had heard two people were injured but RIS says that 4 of them were and Rudy, which is the father at RIS was the one who had the most injuries.... I've talked to those guys many times before at there shop since it's so close to where I live. I was very dissappointed to hear what happened and already sent prayers to Rudy and his family. Go to http://www.risdesigns.com for more updates.

Davids440ex
12-08-2002, 09:20 PM
some more pics from thanksgiving

Davids440ex
12-08-2002, 09:22 PM
:D

Davids440ex
12-08-2002, 09:23 PM
small jump

Str8Wicked
12-09-2002, 09:50 AM
Can't wait till Firday.. I'll be in Glamis... I'll be in Glamis... I'll be in Glamis.... lol

400grl
12-13-2002, 01:30 PM
I was out there for Thanksgiving, and plannin on going again for New Years......should be awesome!!!! I was at Ogilby, so didn't notice the rangers as much - went up to Glamis for the day and still didn't see many LEO's during the day - OLDS was not as packed as usual due to the rain/wind, I think.......

Hey.....we were watching the bikes and rails jumping the double over by OLDS... I kept waiting for someone on a quad to jump it, but no one ever did. It looks jumpable for a quad - I mean, if a rail can do it, a quad can!

The bowls at Glamis are huge.......pictures just don't do them justice........;)

Corry

Str8Wicked
12-13-2002, 01:36 PM
My Glamis trip for today was cancelled due to my friends and other obligations they had.. So probably gonna go up the 26th and come back the 28th or mayby go up the 28th and come back the 30th.... I really don't want to be there for new years after the strict rules they had on thanksgiving....

VegasEx'r
12-13-2002, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by desert-rider
1st of 3

Hey that 'shee doesn't look too bad either (lucky seat cover :devil )

Davids440ex
12-13-2002, 05:13 PM
if i didnt blow a shock i would of hit the glamis double

own2424
12-13-2002, 05:26 PM
My Glamis trip for today was cancelled due to my friends and other obligations they had.. So probably gonna go up the 26th and come back the 28th or mayby go up the 28th and come back the 30th.... I really don't want to be there for new years after the strict rules they had on thanksgiving.... Ill probly be at Glamis on the 27 or 28...I really dont know yet. I have to go to Glamis at least one or two of the days while im in AZ.

Str8Wicked
12-16-2002, 05:45 PM
Actually from what me and my friends have talked about we are thinking of leaving the 26th and coming back the 28th or 29th.. I'll no for sure next week.

SAND LUVR
12-16-2002, 06:10 PM
Is any one going to FSW in january?

own2424
12-16-2002, 06:28 PM
yea Str8, lemme know...maybe Ill be able to see you and check out your bike...THanks...my email is Own2424@yahoo.com ;)

Str8Wicked
12-17-2002, 08:35 AM
I'll let you know as it gets closer...