PDA

View Full Version : Get the most out of my 300

hippy430
06-24-2008, 09:12 AM
OK, tell me everything i could do to get the most out of my bike. im not worried about prices right now, i just need to know what to get. I got an FMF full pipe, and a K&N. thats about it for the engine. i heard a rev box is a good idea..what else??

honda300EXtreme
06-24-2008, 10:32 PM
i dont know how involved you want to get,

but you basically explored all your simple options,

if it has a fair amount of hours on it, then you have a good excuse to go throw in a 11:1 piston (requires premium fuel)

and then go for a cam, hot cam is one of the few drop in cams for the 300 and doesnt require HD valve springs,

if you dont mind going into theh ead then thats a whole nother story.

then i would find a 400ex carb because a little more air flow is never a bad thing :)

and the rev-box is your call, on a stock motor the rpm increase is not needed, but once you start modding it will be to your benefit

if you go with these few things you will wake up your 300ex considerably

hippy430
07-05-2008, 10:54 AM
thanks alot man! any idea on where to find the cam? and is there certain brands i should shoot towards?? thanks for all the help- btw, ur 300 is amazing looking! lol

SET THE STAGE
07-05-2008, 12:32 PM
hotcam makes the cam that doesn't require hd valves and all that jazz. but if you want more power from a cam mod, go with sparks or powroll.

if you look into a revbox, don't go with an aftermarket replacement. they often times mess up and it will end up screwing your engine. sparks can mod your revbox to get about, i think, 1500 more rpms out of it.

not saying you should, but there are also better pipes out there. the sparks, supertrapp, hmf, even the white bros is better than that fmf pipe. they're just not very good 4-stroke pipes. however, it's still an aftermarket exhaust and will do better than a stock one.

honda300EXtreme
07-08-2008, 10:12 PM
web cam has a good selection of cams,
although most will require HD valve springs, and hardweld rockers

hotcams sells a drop in, and i personally ran one and wasnt impressed at all. but thats me

and yes, most aftermarket CDI's will cause a hard start issue if your battery is not at 100% charge, curtis sparks, and FST still do the black box mod, i know most are either +1000 or they remove the rev-limiter completly

2muchquad
07-19-2008, 08:47 AM
The fmf silencer may not be the best but the header is one of the better ones out there;)