PDA

View Full Version : Team Quadshop Mid South results

12-02-2002, 08:14 AM
Well it was cold,,wet,,and tight..:huh that sounded wierd..anywho

New track, never been rode before so it was tight but rough too, lots of off cambers and huge hill climbs. Half way thru the race everything started to freeze over so that made for some enteresting hill climbs..I know the 416 was gettin it's arse abused in some locations. We woke sunday to about 18 degree weather,,burrrrrr

Marty got 1st in the Vet class,,way ta kick arse Martin.

Rowlrag got 12th I believe in Pro, after sittin on the starting line for 20 seconds watching everyone take off while he tryed ta get his dale ta turn over.

I got 7th in the Open B,,ran a flat front tire the entire race,,and this place was full of off camber turns..more than I've ever seen trail riding, so that made it pretty difficult.

B. A. got 6th out of like 40 riders in the 4 stroke D class..

Jeff couldn't make it due to his wife about to spit out their second child.

Way ta go skaterboys...:huh

Knight440
12-02-2002, 09:12 AM
Great Job guys,,,,,, Way to go Marty,,, Vet class is that the over 50 gang :eek: didn't think Marty was that old J/K:blah

12-02-2002, 10:28 AM
wow Marty looks good for being over fifty :D

12-02-2002, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by 440EX4me
wow Marty looks good for being over fifty :D

:eek: I see somebodies discounts no longer being active..:o

QuadTrix6
12-02-2002, 11:56 AM
whats an off camber turn ? good job guys

12-02-2002, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by QuadTrix66

I guess the easiest way to describe it is imagine going down a hill,,then turning halfway down the hill and going back up,,except the turn halfway down the hill is rutted out and your quad wants to tip over if just a strong wind starts to blow. Off cambers require lots of body english to keep the quad on it's wheels..:eek:

Extremeracer167
12-02-2002, 12:10 PM
off cambers SUCK!!!!!:grr

12-02-2002, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by Extremeracer167
off cambers SUCK!!!!!:grr

Especially with a flat front tire and some jackazz behind ya hollerin at ya ta hurry up,,but it's ok I always find it amusing to see the same guy wrapped up around a tree 200 yards down the trail lookin for help..:devil

Dave400ex
12-02-2002, 03:05 PM
Rico have you had any problems with keeping up with the Z400's and CDales in the woods? I am going to start racing next season and trying to figure out what to expect from them quads.

Marty@TheQuadshop
12-02-2002, 03:36 PM
Old man :eek:
The Vet class is 30 to 39 yrs. old:blah
Its the class were the old pros ride.
Most of the time I finish 5th or 6th
I picked alot of go lines and made all the hill climbs.
I loved that track.I got a nasty dent on my front bumper on a
creek crossing och.
You guys can checkout the times at

www.msws.org but it might not be posted until tonight.

Knight440
12-02-2002, 05:09 PM
Sorry about that Marty up here it's the over 30 class, o and dont worry I got few years on you. God it sux getting old:rolleyes:

cjpoole1
12-02-2002, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by QuadTrix66

heres a definition for a road, pretty much the same thing for dirt:
" A normal road is banked in the direction of the turn, but occasionally, because of unusual drainage or other design problems, tight turns are banked the wrong way ("off-camber"). This is compounded in a left turn, as the natural crowned shape of the road (to assist drainage) tilts the right side of the road away from the turn. The bottom line is that it's much harder for the tire to stay in contact with the road, and any loss of adhesion means a skid."

Ryan
12-02-2002, 06:14 PM
Rico have you had any problems with keeping up with the Z400's and CDales in the woods? I am going to start racing next season and trying to figure out what to expect from them quads.

If your a good rider then you will keep up. Don't blame loosing on your quad. Its always the rider and well still alot the quad but mostly the rider. Unless your in Rico's situation were your running a flat tire the hole time :(

Good job Marty and Rico!

Dave400ex
12-02-2002, 07:04 PM
Yeah I think I am ready. My one riding buddy raced the races last year and I can keep up with him just fine. Heck half of the guys wreck in the first turn anyways.

12-02-2002, 07:17 PM
I see somebodies discounts no longer being active..

What you trying to say Rico, you should be nice since they are holding the raffle to cover your tip :D and who suggested you get tipped in the first place:blah

BTW good going there martin and the others.

cdalejef
12-02-2002, 09:01 PM
That was my kind of track and I missed it:grr Oh well, I'm still in the same place in points!:)

Congrats Skater dudes!!!!:devil

12-03-2002, 06:00 AM
Originally posted by WarriorMan

No problems keeping up,,I seem to remember passing 2 KXF's and the only other quads to beat me in my class were honda's..only other quads I remember were rapturds and they finished toward the back of the pack. Being a consitant rider and not getting hung up which sometimes is almost impossible will win you the races..

PS..for those of you that doubt honda stock rims,,I rode well over an hour with a front flat, the tire never came off the bead and the rim is still in perfect condition.

Dave400ex
12-03-2002, 06:53 AM
Awesome I think I should be ok then. That's also good to hear about the Rims because I will be using the stock rims with razrs like you do. So far besides a few marks they are in great condition. I like them a lot. What tire pressure are you running?

12-03-2002, 07:54 AM
Originally posted by WarriorMan
What tire pressure are you running?

around 5 or 6.

I also found that the key to XC racing is not only being fast,,but mainly not getting hung up and keeping a consistant pace. If you get in a hurry your gonna wreck or get hung up on a tree or something,,slower pace with less stops is better than fast pace and getting stuck.