PDA

View Full Version : URGENT HELP NEEDED. Gone through (3) batteries on our Dingo 150 in 2 days

Eric E
06-24-2008, 06:39 AM
Hi: I am writing this note in hopes of getting some help ASAP. I am on vacation in the middle of the desert and our new Dingo 150 is having battery issues. I have had to buy a 2nd battery as the first one died. We charged up the 2nd battery and within 45 mintues the ATV would not start. Maybe a short circuit somewhere? For reference, I have the green wire connected to the NEGATIVE on the battery, and the (2) red wires going to the POSITIVE. One of the red wires has the in-line fuse. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

-Eric

kraemer
07-08-2008, 08:21 PM
put a voltmeter on the battery, record battery voltage. start engine up and let run til warm.... then ride at mid to upper rpms for about 15 minutes... connect voltmeter back to battery... and rev bike to mid rpms...take note what voltage does... if it is below 13 VDC w/ bike at mid rpms, your stator is most likely at fault....though wiring sounds like the culprit as your bike would most likely run rough if you had any kind of stator damage...

check your wiring....

did the new batteries come prefilled w/ acid???