PDA

View Full Version : bearing carrrier?

speedfoxracing
06-23-2008, 08:51 PM
if my holes are messed up and i cant tighten or losen my chain should i buy a new one? or just mess around with it but since i figured the holes were u pry is messed and it will slip out i should get a new one wut do u all think?

Wildbrain
06-24-2008, 02:54 AM
You don't need to replace your carrier.
You do need to take it out, clean it up and lub the exterior of the carrier,and the inside of the swingarm.
The carrier will now spin inside of the swingarm and you will be able to adjust your chain.

blaaze416
06-24-2008, 06:54 AM
Originally posted by Wildbrain
You don't need to replace your carrier.
You do need to take it out, clean it up and lub the exterior of the carrier,and the inside of the swingarm.
The carrier will now spin inside of the swingarm and you will be able to adjust your chain.

What he said! When my carrier was stuck, the bearings were shot and ate up the carrier, too, I almost forgot. That's why I just bought a new one. Good luck!

speedfoxracing
06-24-2008, 10:10 AM
ok i,ll just buy a new one 2 be safe and the one i,m guyin has the zerk fitting on the outside so i can grease it plus its only like 129bucks and free shiping so not bad i just hope it will be easy 2 install

blaaze416
06-24-2008, 12:50 PM
Make sure the grease zerk is on the outside when it is installed!! The one I have now, the zerk is on the same side as the adjustment holes. And when installed, it is still accesable throught the rear sprocket. I think I got a RAD carrier. Lonestars carriers have an external zerk, but you can't get to it with it in the swing arm. Just a little tip.

speedfoxracing
06-24-2008, 12:51 PM
yea i,m either goin 2 get a rad or a hellbound. hows adjusting ur rad?

blaaze416
06-24-2008, 12:55 PM
pertty easy.. I think they all come with a metal leverage bar that fits in the carrier adjuster perfectly. Like the other guy said, grease up the outside of the carrier where it goes into the swinger. And grease up the inside fo the swinger too, and you should have no probs adjusting it in the future. I've had mine give me a little trouble, but with the leverage bar and a large hammer, I just tapped it loose and was good from there.

speedfoxracing
06-24-2008, 12:57 PM
ok so ur rad came with a bar ?

speedfoxracing
06-24-2008, 01:01 PM
also i saw u had the amr rev box and coil wut stage rev box and how does it work with the sparks timing key ? cause i heard it would advance the timing to much

blaaze416
06-24-2008, 01:09 PM
Yep, the RAD came with an leverage bar...only like 8 inches long, but did the trick. The lonestar I had previouly came with one too.
And about the revbox, it's actually a HotShot box I think. It came on the bike when I got it. I may be mistaken, but I did some searches, and found out the the HotShot brand does not advance the timing, just increases the rpm's. But I've done so many searches i've forgotten or twisted most of it. ANd the first time I went to go ride it with the timing key in, I broke my chain after three minutes fo riding, so did not get a good feel for it. I also want to get a stock rev box just to see what the diff is.

speedfoxracing
06-24-2008, 01:12 PM
o well i,ll trade u rev boxs haha and yea ok a,ll have 2 get my timing key first then find a rev box and prob get the amr coil. but first i,m goin 2 order my hellbound carrier i,m geting that one cause i can use wut ever 2 stick in it 2 adjust plus its 129 same price as the rad but it has free stickers

jrafter
06-24-2008, 01:58 PM
burgard make a real nice carrier

speedfoxracing
06-24-2008, 02:39 PM
i just ordered a hellbound one from ebay thanks now i got 2 get the wrenchs and damn there exspensive

hondaking52
06-24-2008, 05:33 PM
wrenchs?????, for the axle tightner?? just use (or get) a c-clamp, works good and is much cheaper then a big wrench, and i can tightin my rad carrier with anything tht fits in the hole, bar, screwdriver etc etc,

speedfoxracing
06-24-2008, 06:28 PM
i used a pipe wrench 4 the outer and the inner wasent really tight so i used channel locks everythings apart now just waiting 4 the part 2 come and i,ll be good