PDA

View Full Version : Tranny Leak???

rider1234
06-23-2008, 07:59 PM
I noticed some liquid which I think is tranny fluid leaking out of the case, it lookes like its leaking out of a hole that should be there but im not sure. Its not leaking alot and it just when he rides. Tranny level seems good. Should the hole be there and plugged or is it a broken case? Thanks

raidernut
06-23-2008, 08:22 PM
The oil is most likely getting past the seal and bearing on the trans output shaft. That weep hole is there to let the oil drain out in that circumstance. It is however possible that your case is cracked too. Remove the outer bearing and seal and replace, and clean and inspect the inside of the case while doing this for cracks. Hopefully not the case and just bearing/seal.

rider1234
06-24-2008, 07:29 AM
Thanks raidernut you were right. The needle bearing has few cracks in it and the oil seal is shot. How Can I get the old seal and bearing out? Hammer and punch? Is so how do i get the new one in? Thanks

jread14
06-24-2008, 08:07 AM
Hammer and punch is fine to get it out... From what I remember you have to hit it from the back side to get it out. I put the bearing in the freezer overnight and then as soon as I pulled it out of the freezer I put it in the cases. I just had to tap it a few times with a rubber mallet and it went in with no issues.

hotquads1
06-25-2008, 09:32 PM
you must remove a c-clip hiden behind the bearing before tapping it out.
marc