PDA

View Full Version : cylinder hone

Ruby Soho
06-23-2008, 11:15 AM
Im rebuilding my 110, which got a 134 put in not to long ago but it smokes terrible, oil getting into the cylinder, so the rings are pretty much shot. i got new rings and gaskets for it, and im ready to re-assemble but i don't have a honer. since it wasn't used much is honing really THAT necessary? i can still see perfect cross hatches and no vertical lines.

pro-rider46
06-23-2008, 02:55 PM
i would. a quick hone might only cost you a couple bucks, and if the guy is nice enough he might let it go for free.

400exrider707
06-23-2008, 03:17 PM
Since you just rebuilt it, I would say your problem lies in the head, that or the piston was installed incorrectly and more specifically the rings. I'd do valve seals and maybe new valves before doing more piston work.

I've put a 110 back together before using the old stock rings and old stock piston (both orginal) after 4 years of hard use, with no cross hatching left, just to swap cases and it still doesn't smoke. Probably could use a new piston and rings and cylinder though haha.

Ruby Soho
06-23-2008, 03:30 PM
im doing valve seals, just for the heck of it. but i dont see how they could be that bad, its a 2005. my 1999 440ex is still on all stock valve train and doesn't smoke one bit.

so your saying i should replace the valve's them self to maybe?