PDA

View Full Version : First Ride 525S LE

600howhat
06-23-2008, 09:45 AM
The bike rides real good and has a ton of power. I have a few questions and complaints.

1) The suspension i think is set alittle too stiff for me I am only 140 lb rider and i need some suggestions on what to do to soften this think up alittle.

2) Is there anything I can do to tame some of the wheelieing i like popping it up but the front end is just a little to light when i wanna power out of a turn i am really feathering the throttle to keep the wheels planted.

3) Front fenders are real flimsy!

4) Sometimes when i womp on it and i go back to like get right on it i notice some hesitation sometimes i figure it needs some jetting work.

5) in tight trails i am between 1st and 2nd alot my brothers mxr in the tight trails is actually better then the 525 he is like cruising through right in the sweet spot of second gear he can just stay in 2nd. do i need to gear this thing down. The 525 isnt much faster then the mxr and I think the mxr has a dif seat and dif bars, the small tires dont seem to be too much of a problem either where we ride.

6) any body know how i can drop the s LE down a little bit?

any suggestions would be appreciated. I am going to try to pick up some stuff for the le this week i am getting rath flat black pro nerfs and i am going to get the rath rear grab bar and the front bumper. and maybe ct racing kit with flex bars.

Evasiveone
06-23-2008, 10:59 AM
Your very first mod should be a JD jet kit. It will really help several of the problems you listed such as the hesitation and the lower end where you feel you need to shift down.

eerhard09
06-23-2008, 11:11 AM
That gearing issue where 1st isn't enough and 2nd seems too much, that is the difference in the 20" rears on yours and the 18 rears on his. You could gear down, either 1 in the front or go up two on the rear, that should offset it some to put you right into second where you would like to be.

Definitely do the $75 for the JD kit, it will work wonders for your jetting and you WILL feel the difference in power!

I am not too familiar with the shocks on the S models but there is always the option to have them rebuilt to triple rates. That would probably help with the wheeleis and also allow you to set the ride height as well as be set for your weight! Not a cheap mod but something to consider!

600howhat
06-23-2008, 06:39 PM
The shocks on my bike are the exact same as the 450mxr. My bike has the Podium x's on the front with the reservior and the podium x on the back with the resevior. i just gotta get em dialed in any suggestions that i should for a 140lb rider would be appreciated.

GE4x4
06-23-2008, 06:58 PM
Set your ride height 1st, then adjust your compression next to where it feels good. Then see how your rebound is after. Your ride height is measured with you in riding gear standing on your foot pegs. Rock it back and forth and bounce it. Then have someone while your on it measure right at the foot pegs, then about 22" forward or right behind the rear part of the front a-arms. The forward measurment should be about 1/4-1/2" more then the foot pegs. I run about 7 3/4 pegs and 8" forward, but I race XC. If your more into MX or dunes, then you want to be in the low 7".

SSJEFF
06-25-2008, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by 600howhat
[The 525 isnt much faster then the mxr and I think the mxr has a dif seat and dif bars, the small tires dont seem to be too much of a problem either where we ride. [/B]

The handle bars and seat are the same on t both machines. I would go with the flexx bars. They are great. I would also get your suspension set up professionally. There are lots of guys out there, I have heard good things about Wilson and have talked to him on the phone.