PDA

View Full Version : 250R PUMA (399cc) Dyno

Buttermilk
06-23-2008, 09:09 AM
For all you 250R afficianado's out there, here is something for you to drool over.

This is a 399cc PUMA cylindered (www.cpindinc.com) 250R that is on methanol.

The motor is a stock stroke (72mm) with an 84mm bore, making it a 399cc engine.

Available to everyone.

This motor was built by Nate McCoy (www.mccoysperformance.com) who is a friend of mine. I am hoping to do something similar to mine soon.

Regards.

Rog

C-LEIGH RACING
06-23-2008, 09:14 AM
If this was done on a wheel dyno, what size tire, gears used & top rpm.
Neil

Buttermilk
06-23-2008, 10:27 AM
It was done on a Dynojet dyno here in Tulsa, OK at a place called Sandtrax. Same place I do all my dyno testing/tuning.

I don't know what gearing was ran on the quad, but it was probably a goodly amount of gear (quad will be a dragger for a class limit of <400cc, I believe).

I don't know what the top RPM's were, but It probably is approaching 10,000 rpm.

Neil, I am sure Nate would disclose that information if you really want it. He's a great guy.

All250R
06-23-2008, 03:15 PM
I've emailed one of CPI's vendors about that cylinder and got nothing in response (K&K?). Don't remember who now. Does McCoy sell them maybe?

By the way, do you have output with the rpm's attached? That and pipe and intake or anything would be cool to know too!

Thanks for sharing. You should put in the dyno section so the 4stroke fans can appreciate it.

Buttermilk
06-23-2008, 05:00 PM
Nate McCoy can get you anything from CPI. Some of which is still in the early stages of development.

He's the man if you want anything related to 250R's or Banshees as it applies to CP Industries, INC..

Nate has built some 250R based Sphynx's, PUMA's and Sabertooth cylindered engines, as well as some Cheetahs, Cheetah Cubs, Cheetah Super Cubs, Cheetah DM's and the latest Cheetah DMX's.

I've been told one PUMA (431cc) dyno'd at over 90 HP.... these new cylinders that Calvin Pollet is putting out are something.....

I don't know for sure what pipe they are running, but I've been told it is a development pipe for one of the Banshee based motors like the Cheetah DMX (I think) - the cylinders are very similar....

The intake is a CR500 intake, I believe.

www.atvdragracers.com is the site Nate McCoy frequents alot. Last I heard, he was on the way back home (CA).

I don't have any of the dyno charts other than the one I posted. I'd provide more info if I had it.....

Buttermilk
06-24-2008, 02:47 PM
I managed to get the run file from a friend, so here's the dyno chart in RPM's.

Aceman
06-24-2008, 05:02 PM
Man, that thing would really pull. I would have the biggest sh*t-eating grin on my face after riding that thing.....:o

I'm amazed how consistent the A/F mix is. Looks like they really got her dialed in. One of these days I gotta try a dyno.

kiesta00
07-10-2008, 10:36 PM
Buttermilk check your PMs.

2muchquad
07-13-2008, 06:30 AM
Man that things making 50hp or better for 3k rpm or more:eek2: