PDA

View Full Version : Air Box Snorkel

mbellaver
06-23-2008, 08:11 AM
I'm a new owner of an '01 400ex and new ATV owner in general. On the quad i just picked up, the snorkel has been removed. I'd like to get another since we ride through creeks and small streams. The quad has a pipe and the carb rejetted.... Is there any concern with putting a snorkel back on it?

mooseracerX
06-23-2008, 09:47 AM
No I have a different airbox w/o the snorkel and there is no problems. you should be able to put it back on w/o any problems.

mbellaver
06-23-2008, 11:57 AM
im guessing that it was taken off to increase airflow.....How much do you think they restrict? The opening isn't any smaller, just a longer tube...

trx400EXtreme
06-23-2008, 12:03 PM
does it have the air-box lid one? if there is no lid, the snorkel is useless, however if there is a lid, it helps.

mbellaver
06-23-2008, 12:19 PM
Yes, it's got the lid on and it has a K&N filter. So is it anyone's opinion that the airflow is restricted with the factory snorkel on even though the opening into the air box is the same size as the snorkel tube?

06-23-2008, 12:33 PM
its forcing air in with the snorkel removed and the lid closed, does it run okay like that at higer speeds? my brothers quad ran funny with it removed and the lid on i think because it was like a ram air and it needed more fuel the faster he went so it didnt work out and he put it back on.

mbellaver
06-23-2008, 12:49 PM
it seems to run fine with the lid closed and snorkel off. I'll buy one and stick it on to see what happens. I guess if it restricts it I can just run with the snorkel on for wet rides and if I'm going to be on dry rides I can pull the lid off and still leave the snorkel attached.