PDA

View Full Version : Are any of these good deals?

jesseweaver
06-22-2008, 09:23 PM
i know you cant tell much without riding them and seeing pictures, but which of these bikes on craigs list seem like a good deal:

2004 crf250r- new tires, runs strong, no problems asking 2500 obo

2005 crf250r- has very little time on it, I bought it new at the end of 2004 this bike has been riden and maintain by an ex motocross racer, It is in very good condition. It has two tire that have 2 rides on them, all the bearing have been cleaned and re-greased, valves were adjusted, and piston was re-ringed with factory Honda parts since the last ride, the plastics are in great condition. $3000 obo
-Renthal chain and sprocket
-Twin Air air filter
-Servicable oil filter
-Renthal bars

2005 crf250r-looks and rides brand new, no big scratches, big dents of dings. all stock, all up to date maintenance, took great care of it, rides great. $3000 (down from 3250. he posted it a while ago now reposted it for 250 less)

2005 crf250r-all stock. 6 hours on it, starts first kick, runs great. $3,000

2005 RMZ450- 35 hrs on it. trails only. VERY CLEAN, ASV LEVERS, FACTORY EXCEL WHEELS, SKID PLATE, RENTHAL FAT BARS, DVS SHOES STICKER KIT AND NUMBER PLATE BACKGROUNDS, BIKE RUNS VERY STRONG $3,200

which of those are good deals? im looking for a bike right now, kinda leaning toward a 250 but would buy a 450 no problem and ive riden both and felt comfortable on both. im looking to spend around $3,000. i think the 05 250 with 6 hrs on it seems good.

btw, which year crf250s had valve problems? my friend has an 04 and its ran fine for him so far, and i thought it was that year.

KXRida
06-22-2008, 09:50 PM
04's had the big valve problems. 05's had some but not as bad. Don't pay over $3000 for any of them. If everything is true about the 05 crf's, they don't sound like too bad of deals. Try to talk them down a bit. The rmz is a nice bike too. The 06's are a world of difference, but the 05's still aren't bad. They handle awesome.

Ruby Soho
06-23-2008, 07:36 AM
they all seem pretty decent.

i've found that the honda is alot more expensive than the other 250f's. i know it rides amazing but they're valve train is what scares me away from them.

how are the 05 kx250f's? i know 06 there pretty good, and 04 they're like time bombs but ive never heard a thing about 05's

jesseweaver
06-23-2008, 05:25 PM
made up my mind, im set in that RMZ. i need to sell the quad first so anybody interested? PERFECT 416 ex lots of extras, $2300. come on thats a steal

KXRida
06-24-2008, 05:48 AM
Originally posted by Ruby Soho
they all seem pretty decent.

i've found that the honda is alot more expensive than the other 250f's. i know it rides amazing but they're valve train is what scares me away from them.

how are the 05 kx250f's? i know 06 there pretty good, and 04 they're like time bombs but ive never heard a thing about 05's

05 kx250f = 05 rm250z. They're the same bikes. They are pretty good bikes. Handle awesome. If you have overheating problems change the stock rad. cap from a 2.1 to a 2.6 and you're good to go. Out of 05 I hate to say it, but the crf was probably "the best" complete package, but I'm not a huge fan of honda valvetrains. Next in line would be the yzf, then kxf/rmz. I'm honestly surprized how good the yzf is out of the box. Now that I've gotten time on it I'm slowly picking out the little stuff haha. First thing I noticed on it, was it felt top heavy compared to most other bikes I've ridden. Then again most bikes I ride are aluminium frame not steel. Suspension wise the springs are a little too soft for me, but the stock suspension is awesome. Powerwise, I could use a little more bottom and a little more top. Mid pulls pretty good, but a pipe would get it a little better suited for me.

That's just my little report on the yzf, but that's getting picky. I really wish I would've gotten an 06, but for the deal I got on it, I couldn't say no. Anymore with an 05+ bike, you can't really go wrong with any of them.

06-24-2008, 06:40 AM
my buddy just sold his 04 crf450 race ready and I meen race ready that thing had no stock part on it strating from the suspension to the motor. dynoed at 65hp and he only got 3000 for it. I bough my 06 kx250F for 3000 and all the bikes ur showing are 05's. Keep on looking my friend u can find better deals I mean ask kxrida how he got a steal on his bike :mad:

jesseweaver
06-24-2008, 08:47 AM
i dont really wat a race ready one though. id much rather have a reliable one, that was taken care of. like the RMZ with 35 hours or even better the CRF with 6.

i saw a couple kx250fs on craigslist all with suzuki plastics, i thought they were the same bike for only like 1 year.