PDA

View Full Version : cant adjust my chain

speedfoxracing
06-22-2008, 09:04 PM
i losen the bolts and i know u stick a screw driver or pry bar in and push down but i wont move it will slip out or start eating up the metal and idk how else 2 do it cause it wont losen or tighten. any sugestions would help thanks

Honda4lyphe
06-22-2008, 11:39 PM
Spray some good ole wd40 into any crevise around the carrier, loosen the bolts all the way so that they are almost out. When you stick the screwdriver/pry untencil into the holes pull back and push foward until you get some play in it. Goodluck! Ive had some trouble with this before myself.

blaaze416
06-23-2008, 01:29 AM
Happened to me a while back. I got frustrated and used the handy dandy large ball peen hammer (flat side...) on the pry lever. I smacked it as close to the carrier as possible once or twice in both diretions. Just enough to jar it loose, not take it off! Once it was loose, I could get it by myself.

speedfoxracing
06-23-2008, 10:38 AM
ok thanks i,ll give it another shot today and try that

powermadd400ex
06-23-2008, 05:40 PM
do u pressure wash ur quad?
this happened to me as well. the pressure washer forced the junk and mud in the thread of the adjuster.
we took it to the dealership(it has warranty so it cost us nothin) and they gave us a shock spanner wrench to use on it.

speedfoxracing
06-23-2008, 06:59 PM
yea i do and i think i,m goin 2 take mine there 2mrow cause i still cant get it on my year ur sopose 2 like stick a pry bar or screw driver in and pry it but it wont move and the screw driver slips out. 2 replace that aint that the bearing carrier?

metalmind342
06-23-2008, 07:36 PM
i had to take a pry bar and the biggest hammer i had to brake that sucker loose. I had to beat the **** out of it. (its an 01)

speedfoxracing
06-23-2008, 07:36 PM
yea but were can you hit it at cause i couldnt fit any crow bars in mine

blaaze416
06-23-2008, 08:00 PM
The VERY first time this happened to me i got so PO'd and just went ahead and bought an aftermarket carrier with bearrings installed. I also thought I was being smart and bought one with an external grease zerk so I could keep the sucker nice and greasy. Well it was external alright....but it was postitioned underneath the swing arm, and I had to take the whole thing out just to greas it anyway! If you can't beat the crap out of it with a screwdriver inserted SNUGGLY in the carrier hole (can't be too small, or it will slip out.......ahahahaha, I just made myself laugh!!!! no really it has to be big enough to fill the hole)...it may be time to buy another carrier. That's me just being lazy, and serving my addiction fo buying new parts for my quad!!
p.s if you do buy another carrier, make sure the grease zerk is attainable without taking the carrier out! AND KEEP IT GREASED!

speedfoxracing
06-23-2008, 08:07 PM
were can i get one that is like that then. and how much do they run. and also is it a pain in the *** 2 replace.

justin1022
06-23-2008, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by speedfoxracing
yea but were can you hit it at cause i couldnt fit any crow bars in mine stick 2 things in the 2 sperate notches and make sure there tight and then put pipe on the end of both things and get someone to pull down on the other one and u pull down on a difrent one or just put one thing in one hole so its tight and wont slip out and jump on the bar worked for me ha

speedfoxracing
06-23-2008, 09:17 PM
but i cant get anything 2 stay in the notch when u put presser it starts slipin and tearin up the metal and i,ve tryed all sizes so wut would u think about buyin a new one ?

alex10
06-24-2008, 09:53 PM
Drive a chisel in the swing arm to spread it apart everything should turn nice and easy now. If not spray PB Blaster or WD-40 in there.

speedfoxracing
06-24-2008, 09:57 PM
well funny thing when i got home 2 day i ordered one (bearing carrier) and when i went out side later on 2 mess with it some more and pull the axle and i was beatin on the adjuster and i got it 2 adjust :( owell but now i,ll have a new bulliet one with zerk fittin on the outside

justin1022
06-24-2008, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by speedfoxracing
but i cant get anything 2 stay in the notch when u put presser it starts slipin and tearin up the metal and i,ve tryed all sizes so wut would u think about buyin a new one ?

pul your axel through take the clip of the carrier and then put a 2x4 on the end of the side of the disk and take a sludge hammer and start beatin it lol

speedfoxracing
06-24-2008, 10:02 PM
i got it out allready and i took a punch and started hitin it i have everything cleaned up and ready 2 put back on when my parts get here

vAnS_77
06-25-2008, 08:38 AM
PB blaster is the better thing to use for this application, its just ment to break away tension rather than lubing it like wd40. Try some of that, it works really well.