PDA

View Full Version : 300ex wiring issue?

jayjie15
06-22-2008, 09:02 PM
Hello, recently purchased a 300ex and finally got it up and fully functional the other day. I took it out and beat on it for about an hour and it ran fine. I took a break for about an hour then when back out again. The quad ran well for a while then it started not reving all the way up, if that makes sense. Quad idled fine still shifted through the gears but acted like it was being starved for fuel. Anyways, took it up to the garage and shut it down. The light on the board said that it was in reverse when it was in neutral and now it will not start using the electric start. It makes no effort to turn over at all with the electric start. Any help would be greatly appreciated?

markvette
06-23-2008, 07:28 PM
trace the wires from the reverse switch on the right side of the motor. they should have plug ins on the other side. take them loose and the wires coming from the front of the quad tie together and ground them.

Mark

jayjie15
06-24-2008, 11:04 AM
Thank you I will give it a try.

bwamos
06-25-2008, 09:39 AM
Yup, getting a bad ground on the Reverse indicator switch. So it is switching you to the reverse limiter.

jayjie15
06-25-2008, 02:47 PM
Thanks a lot guys I should get a chance to look at hit tomorrow. Glad to hear it is not something that will cost a million bones to fix.

jayjie15
07-08-2008, 06:53 AM
So, I gave your guys suggestions a try last night and it is still a no go. Found a blown fuse and hoped that was the problem but it was not. Jumped the solenoid and got it try and start but it still would not turn over. Getting power to everything which is leading me to believe it is the stator or cdi box. We were getting spark then when we started messing with the wiring we lost it. We have compression, fuel, and motor is mechanically fine. Any help would be appreciated, any other suggestions?

jayjie15
07-08-2008, 06:56 AM
Also, I was not getting the reverse indicator light or neutral light anymore.

jayjie15
07-29-2008, 07:12 AM
Alright, after replacing the stator, coil, and cdi box still no spark. I went through all the wiring and connections and redid them all. I put all my original parts back on and imagine that, we have spark now. I have no idea what I did to fix it, but I now have a running quad. Hopefully it stays that way but probably not. My luck isn't that good.