PDA

View Full Version : Swing-Arm Question

mooseracerX
06-22-2008, 08:00 PM
Hello I just bought an 1 1/4 longer Houser swing arm and was wondering if anyone could tell me what are the changes in feel with a longer swing arm? I know the front end should stay planted at the line better. But how do they jump with them? Can you notice a difference over stock? Does it jump with the front end really high or doesn't it really make a difference?
Thanks for any input
MooseracerX

buster024
06-23-2008, 07:26 PM
Hey man,
As you can see in my sig, I've got a slightly longer rear arm too. I REALLY like how it feels. I rode my bike for several years (bought it new in '05), so I was very familiar with how it climbed, jumped, wheelied, etc. I noticed that it was a little harder to pop the wheelies, but not impossible. On the flip side, I absolutely love how it helped me on hill climbs, especially trail riding. I feel much more stable, and in control with full throttle. It doesn't feel like it bounces so uncontrollably around underneath me. I'm extrememly pleased with the extra length. I ride mostly trails, and I don't feel it hindered my trail riding experience one bit. If anything it helped. I highly recommend the extra length to anyone thinking about it. Good luck with that Houser.....I'm surprised you got one....I heard they were discontinued.

mooseracerX
06-23-2008, 07:33 PM
Oh thats cool man. Where did you hear they were discontinued? I got it from another member here thats why I was wondering.

06-23-2008, 07:34 PM
i just bought a 400ex that has a houser swinger with a +1 1/4 length...does any one know how many links the chain should be?

mooseracerX
06-23-2008, 07:41 PM
I think a 520x100 will fit but you might want to go with a 520x105

buster024
06-23-2008, 07:43 PM
I called the factory cuz I couldn't find one in the color I wanted with the length I wanted at any dealer, and the factory said they were discontinued due to lack of sales. I would have bought one, but couldn't find anyone who had the right length/color.

mooseracerX
06-23-2008, 07:52 PM
Oh that sucks. I know everything Honda seems to be going down hill. At my last race I think we had 4 Honda quads there. How horrible, everyone moved on to Suzuki's and I smoke them by the handful.