PDA

View Full Version : How about those Smith boys

JAG Motosports
06-22-2008, 06:15 PM
Turbo goes 1-2 and Rocket gets 9-9 at Muddy Creek. Turbo has been getting faster every race and I believe this is Rockets first race of the year. Finishing 9th out of thirteen for a 4year old that needs 4x4's on his pegs is pretty darn good. And Christian Horne dominating again. That kid won't be stopped. Congratulations to you all, awesome job!! Jordan can't wait to see you guys at the L.L race in August. He is off his crutches and will be ready to go. See ya then.

bulldogfallon
06-22-2008, 08:31 PM
Congrats to the Smith family!!

Steven623
06-23-2008, 09:21 AM
Hi Marc,
GREAT to hear the boys did well!
The Wotring's

hotquads1
06-23-2008, 10:47 AM
thanks guys , we had great weekend of sun and fun ! My 4 -year old is fired up and ready to go again. I know some of you are looking at lap times and can tell it was some close racing , but you had to be there to realize how close this competition is in this class. First I want to take my hat to Will Harness, he held Turbo off for the final lap in the 2nd moto to get the win. 1st moto turbo pulls a rare holeshot, and the top 5 riders ( Will Harness, Turbo Smith, Nolan Cochran, Andrew Bridges, and Nate Willman)were so close for the first couple of laps you could have thrown a blanket over the whole bunch, the lead changed hands several times , and there were moms and dads leaning on the fence with eyes wide open, the first moto had a margin of victory of less than "1" second ,(KEEP IN MIND THIS IS A RACE THAT LAST 12 MINUTES ) without a doubt the closest finish I have ever seen , no one could tell who had taken the checkered flag until the transponder results were announced by the tower(Turbo wins). Moto # 2 was just as exciting ,all of the big boys beat Turbo around the first turn after the holeshot, leaving him in 5th position, tough place to be we these boys, none of these racers will give up a position without a battle. It took Turbo 3 laps to work his way up to second and by this time Will had stretched a 75 yard lead on him and only 1 lap to go, Turbo turned his best lap time of the event trying to catch Will on that last lap and and got within about 15 ft when the checkered flag dropped , Will never gave up and held on for the win. WOW we had some Fun! We have been blessed to have some great kids and parents in the 50 stock class this season every single family has shown great sportsmanship and encouraged every child whether first or last , I wish all of the classes could share such am atmosphere, hand shakes and pat on the backs from all the dads and moms at every race , never have I heard a cross word or inflamatory comment on or off the track , this is the way it should be, FUN! I Wish all of you could be there, if you get the chance load up and come race with us.
marc

bulldogfallon
06-23-2008, 11:19 AM
Can't wait to be a part of it again at Loretta's!!

The gates are alomost full each race which says a lot considering the price of gas right now.

Way to go Turbo and Rocket!!

quadnana7
06-23-2008, 05:08 PM
Great job Turbo and Rocket
Turbo was turbo charged on the track this weekend . It was one of the best and closest races of the weekend you really didn't know who won on Saturday until you looked at the transponder very exciting. Rocket held off all his competitors with style and grace never letting up on the throttle (well except for once when he had to wave at everyone) but he held fast to his position. Great start for his 1st National watch out Turbo you got some new competition in the 50 class

hotquads1
06-25-2008, 09:38 PM
pic , compliments of Tom Harness

bulldogfallon
06-26-2008, 09:41 AM
My money is on the white one :)

riding4fun
06-27-2008, 07:10 AM
Sounds like a great weekend. Keep up the good work Smith boys.

Darrell