PDA

View Full Version : Your summer break

QuadJunkies
06-22-2008, 06:05 PM
Just curious what everyones doing this summer during the 3 month break?
Anyone have big plans ??
We are just hitting some local MX and SX tracks for racing to keep in shape.
Kelseys now hitting the Gym 4-5 days a week since school is out.

Hope ya'll have a great summer. :)

timmybreakitall
06-22-2008, 11:30 PM
Doing some local xc and mx stuff but most importantly promoting the TPQ 3 rd#2 Aug.2&3 at straddleline in Wa. Bikes on sat quads on sun. with a killer enduro-x section.

QuadJunkies
06-23-2008, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by timmybreakitall
Doing some local xc and mx stuff but most importantly promoting the TPQ 3 rd#2 Aug.2&3 at straddleline in Wa. Bikes on sat quads on sun. with a killer enduro-x section.

I wish we lived closer.. we would love to hit a round,especially right before Round .:macho

riding4fun
06-24-2008, 10:03 PM
With the vacations and my girls going to soccer camp for a week and possibly basketball camp for a week we don't really have much time for it. It's 110 degrees here.

Zachary and I have gone out in the morning like 6 am and it's 85 degrees out. We are trying but just way too hot now.

We have no races close to us.:grr:

Glad you guys get to race, somebody needs to.

QuadJunkies
06-25-2008, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by riding4fun
With the vacations and my girls going to soccer camp for a week and possibly basketball camp for a week we don't really have much time for it. It's 110 degrees here.

Zachary and I have gone out in the morning like 6 am and it's 85 degrees out. We are trying but just way too hot now.

We have no races close to us.:grr:

Glad you guys get to race, somebody needs to.

its starting to hit close to triple digits here too. wont be long before it will be too hot to ride here too.:ermm:

CannondaleRider
06-25-2008, 12:08 AM
It's getting a little toasty now, yeah. I think some "start before the sun rises" riding is in my future..

riding4fun
06-25-2008, 05:28 AM
Originally posted by CannondaleRider
It's getting a little toasty now, yeah. I think some "start before the sun rises" riding is in my future..

That's what we did. But it's awful hard to get a 8 and 11 year old up before the sun gets up.

CannondaleRider
06-25-2008, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by riding4fun
That's what we did. But it's awful hard to get a 8 and 11 year old up before the sun gets up.

.....It's awful hard to get my 19 year old self out of bed before the sun gets up, haha.

timmybreakitall
06-25-2008, 07:39 PM
we finally have sun!!!! I almost thought I had to travel out of state to see it.

racerchick
07-01-2008, 06:47 PM
I haven't been able to "practice" a whole bunch. Too dang HOT and $ to do that!! I've just been hitting it hard at the gym and racing the Quadcross that was in AZ.
I am also heading back EAST to race a GNCC race this weekend and to race the GNC MX race the following weekend. Going back to "grass roots"!!!!!!!!
Wish me LUCK!
Angela Butler #88

QuadJunkies
07-01-2008, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by racerchick
I haven't been able to "practice" a whole bunch. Too dang HOT and $ to do that!! I've just been hitting it hard at the gym and racing the Quadcross that was in AZ.
I am also heading back EAST to race a GNCC race this weekend and to race the GNC MX race the following weekend. Going back to "grass roots"!!!!!!!!
Wish me LUCK!
Angela Butler #88
THe whole gas thing is getting KILLER for sure-TOTALLY SUCKS! It was 106 here over the wk end and more 100+ this wk end.
:scary:

Good luck gurl,see you in Aug. for some ROOTS AND TREES :D :p

CannondaleRider
07-02-2008, 06:45 PM
It was 115 at certain times today.....safe to say, I wouldn't be doing any riding during the day, even if I could find the time.

adrenalinefreak
07-14-2008, 05:53 PM
I haven't really had a chance to ride at all. I've been out once since the last race which isn't going to help me catch them!

My bike was down for a little while with some stuff from the race and then I went out this last time I managed to fill my airbox and surrounding tubes with oil...either too much oil or I pinned it for too long! Either way, I'll have to clean it out.

It's been extremely hot and humid here in Vegas! Right now it's mainly just really humid with the 2 second drizzle of rain we get!!

Hoping to ride as much as possible this month and right before the race...we'll see.

I did get my motorcycle permit this weekend so I'm one step closer to getting my street bike. Don't worry, no stunting or crazy riding here...mainly a commuter! Maybe a nice ride with some friends and family! No need for speed on those for me!

Hope everyone's summer has been great!

timmybreakitall
07-14-2008, 11:42 PM
Weather is great here. Cutting in new MX track at Straddleline.Cool elevation changes,going to work on it again tomorrow.

QuadJunkies
07-15-2008, 12:21 AM
Congrats to Mrs. Butlers wk. end on the East Coast!!:cool: :D

We done some night riding this past wk end on the desert trails .
The kids had alot of fun riding at night, I think we will be doing more ....
http://www.pbase.com/image/100140322/original.jpg
http://www.pbase.com/image/100140314/original.jpg

titanium68
07-16-2008, 10:24 AM
It's been pretty hot around here too, but Sadie and I are going to try to get out for a ride today. I 've been able to get a few rides in (not enough) and we'll be heading to the Strat for TPQ2.

QuadJunkies
07-20-2008, 01:25 PM
Boy.. this household has had a ROUGH YEAR!:scary:
Kelsey out for the next round, possibly 2. I hope she doesnt have to have surgery.
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=358476