PDA

View Full Version : blaster problems

yfzrider310
06-22-2008, 01:43 PM
Ok since I crashed my yfz I decided to ride the blaster around. I noticed that the piston was knocking on a riding trip. I said is this normal for a two stroke to knock like this? Everyone said it was fine. So when I got back I was riding it up and down my gravel road for fun and it died within the first 3 minutes. I tried starting it a few times along with a push start. It started eventually but when it reved passed around 4500rpm it just didnt go. So what im thinking is that the piston has chipped or something. Any suggestions would be great before I tear down the top-end. Also what is the piston knocking sound? Is it the piston tapping the top of the cylinder? Another thing is the it coughs and sputters. I was wondering if this could be carburetor issues because I looked at the spark plug and it was wet (guessing its running rich). I also did a compression test today and only got 100? Is that normal. Thanks for any help.

yfzrider310
06-23-2008, 08:53 PM
Never mind I took off the top end today and the piston was cracked but luckily the skirt didn't break off. What piston would you guys recommend (wiseco, stock, namura)

John451
06-25-2008, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by yfzrider310
Never mind I took off the top end today and the piston was cracked but luckily the skirt didn't break off. What piston would you guys recommend (wiseco, stock, namura)

Wiescos arent so good. Im not too fond of them. vortex are good but they're kinda on the high range for price. Sounds like u had a cast piston which is problably why it cracked. There's one kind where they cut it out of a block.

86 Quad R
06-30-2008, 10:29 AM
i've had great success from namura but my preferred is a pro-X.