PDA

View Full Version : getting a z400

Arynock
12-01-2002, 07:59 PM
This coming christmas prolly, right after, i'm getting a z400, okay so i got a few questions, sure i'll get the pipe and the k&n filter, but what about all the other stuff

what would getting extended a-arms do? what kind, how much?

what should i change my gearing to, whats my increase-decrease of speed or accel?

How fast is my Z gonna go topped out stock? how fast is it gonna go after i get a certain pipe, the k&n filter?

maybe a few more questions after i get answers to these!

:devil

phatswinn
12-01-2002, 09:08 PM
nothing gunna change for top end, the Z goes like 55-60 stock, up in the front teeth and down in back will give u a higher top end, and make ur acceleration slower, lower teeth in front and more in back wil give you the reverse effect, extended a-arms will give you better stability around corners and better turning, along with shocks u can have the best handling quad around, herrman racing, jd and jb are some good ones that i can think of right now, theres plenty more i just cant think or them and they can run ya about 500-700 i think, ive never bought them

Z400central
12-01-2002, 09:16 PM
Z goes high 60s stock...:D Have you checked out Z400central.com yet? ;)

01TRX300EX
12-02-2002, 04:02 PM
yeah its high 60's, 55-60 is more like the 300EX.

Sportrax 400EX
12-03-2002, 11:06 AM
Keep your honda. My buddy got a Z400 and does nothing but fix it. He has bent the axel 2 times, had to replaced hubs, plastic is all messed up and it handles like crap with the stock shocks. They don't seem to take the beating of hard riding well at all. The motor and trans are great but the fit and trim and overall durability suffer. Just my .02 worth. Or you could read Dirt wheels and hear how it's the best thing on the planet. I'd love to see how much Suzuki is paying them.