PDA

View Full Version : suspensin question

justin1022
06-22-2008, 12:45 AM
i was wondering if your frame is suspot to hit before ur suspenision bottoms out or at the same time mine does and im not sure if it is supost to could you gize help me figure this out?

06-22-2008, 08:20 AM
i think your supposed to bottom out before your frame would hit otherwise there wouldnt be a point to the bottoming out bumpers if your frame was stopping you

justin1022
06-22-2008, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by FoxHondaRider
i think your supposed to bottom out before your frame would hit otherwise there wouldnt be a point to the bottoming out bumpers if your frame was stopping you

hmm so my suspension must be screwed ha i dont no its as high as it will go though and as stiff too.

drew416ex
06-22-2008, 10:55 AM
Depending on how high you go, your frame may hit It hit pretty bad with my stock shocks and every now and then with my elkas but not as bad. After you figure in the flex in the bump stop and the flex in the tires, there isnt much more room inbetween the ground and the frame.

justin1022
06-22-2008, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by drew416ex
Depending on how high you go, your frame may hit It hit pretty bad with my stock shocks and every now and then with my elkas but not as bad. After you figure in the flex in the bump stop and the flex in the tires, there isnt much more room inbetween the ground and the frame.

ya i no the 450r hits the ground when the suspension bottoms out because my buddy has one and he is the one who told me about it nd i didnt belive him and then he showed me but a 400ex? i didnt think it would i only have a 450r stock bumper so it wont hit the ground and ya its weird though i have a picture of my frame on the ground and space between my springs so i dont undertand ha.

mooseracerX
06-22-2008, 11:24 AM
Could you just adjust the preload up a little that way it wouldn't?

drew416ex
06-22-2008, 08:54 PM
That would help it out but if you go high enough without a landing ramp its gonna hit.

06-22-2008, 08:57 PM
get a bigger bottom out bumper

mooseracerX
06-22-2008, 08:57 PM
Yeah I know what you mean, I over shot a few doubles and mine bottomed out, in the rear, my dad and I are find tuning the rear compression so that it doesn't bottom out and is still soft enough to absorb the whoops and other bumps.