PDA

View Full Version : top end

brhaminator
06-21-2008, 10:01 PM
When I drag race my bike and I am at the top of 5th it seems like my bike is being held back like there is a rev limiter on it or something. It is a 07 525. Me and my brothers all bought the same bike at the same time but when I ride theirs it feels like theirs don't top out like mine. I have bought a pipe, Jd jet kit and a k and n filter and dialed it in but it still has this problem, Any suggestions?

Evasiveone
06-22-2008, 09:41 AM
You might check your jetting. If you are lean on your main jet it will make the top end feel "flat" like you are describing and will not pull like you feel your brothers machines do. If you are rich on the main it will have a slight stumble at the top.

Yes the Outlaw 525 does have a rev limiter. It does not interupt the ignition and give you that miss like other rev limiters do. It retards the timing and it will just simply run out of power on top once the CDI starts to change the timing.

sheriff525
06-22-2008, 01:49 PM
My bike is jetted the exact same as my brothers and when i get on his it is like he can only go 7/8 of his throttle. It has been like that from the factory and we thought it would change once we jetted it and did the few upgrades but it did nothing. It has to be something other than jetting. Something is obviously holding the bike back.
(I say rider. jk hahaahahahaha)

brhaminator
06-22-2008, 04:04 PM
if it is the rev limiter how do you check it?

sleddog66
06-23-2008, 06:57 AM
does it run good up until that point? at what Rpm does it cut out? The Rev Limiter is set at 9900 +-. Maybe with more info we could help more. Are you all using premium fuel? Valves are adjusted OK?:confused:

sheriff525
06-23-2008, 11:21 AM
I think we will try to readjust the valves. This may help. It has been a while so should be about time! Thanks for the reminder

ojcool
07-02-2008, 11:57 AM
Yep, I would look at the valves. It's likely that they are out of adjustment and your not getting the full amount of lift from the camshaft.

sheriff525
07-11-2008, 08:11 PM
The valves are adjusted now and the quad is running great. I don't think that the top end has the stumble anymore. we will have to see how it does against my stock outlaw!

I think it was the rider all along! hahahaha