PDA

View Full Version : Blaster Clutch Wont Engage

John451
06-21-2008, 08:38 PM
I just took my blaster engine apart to replace the crank seals. I had to take the clutch out and off. Now that its back together it runs great but the clutch wont engage. When i took it apart I took all the clutch parts off. Like basket and all. The pressure plate came off with the bar in the middle. There is supposed to be a ball in the middle of the shaft. Idk if that fell out if that would make the clutch not work. The other bar is still in there. But it doesnt make sense to me for it to be that because the clutch wont engage fully and if the ball wasnt there the plates would be pushed together and the clutchh would work. Did i tighten the springs too much? When i turn the lever at the engine theres no friction. There's alot of slack in the clutch cable too. Can the ball just fall out like that? Would it cause that? Would a .177 bb fit in there? Could it be because i tightened the clutch spring bolts too much? Thanks in advance. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

The ball is number 21 in the picture below.

John451
06-21-2008, 08:40 PM
Clutch schematic. All of it is there but idk about the ball.

trailrider1156
06-23-2008, 10:25 AM
you probably answered you're own question
at least you can verify the ball is there without removing the basket.

trailrider1156
06-23-2008, 10:28 AM
sounds like a disassemble and reassemble to see where you erred. since all you did was remove to replace the seal, it should go back together without any adjustment. tight clutch springs wouldn't cause this either.

John451
06-23-2008, 03:42 PM
Yeah, i went in my basement and suprisingly i found the clutch bb in all of the other bb's from smashing a few wheel bearings out of my 300. And it wanted to work but the pressure plate cracked. The thing the clutch lever spring at the engine hooks on is cracked so it doesnt want to return also, has this happened to anyone else? What did/would you do to fix this? I was thinking maybe well idk. I havent really looked into it yet.