PDA

View Full Version : damn vibrationss....

k4f5x0r
06-21-2008, 08:03 PM
Quad is stock besides nerfs and skids.

while wheeling or just general riding. if i start to get into the high rpm's it feels like the quad is gunna vibrate itself apart.

in a wheelie i cant hold it for long because it kills my arms and again the high rpm vibrations make me not want to rev that high.

i was wondering any ways to solve this. ofcourse there is the anti vibe stem/fasst bars solution, but i was wondering since a friend mentioned it, if rubber bar mounts would help reduce the vibration i feel in the bars.

any solutions?:devil:

450raider
06-21-2008, 08:47 PM
well ive got the inserts and while they dont make a world of difference it is noticeable but since you mention the rubber mounts (where did you see some by the way?) they may not be a bad alternative JMO

k4f5x0r
06-21-2008, 08:58 PM
well i dont know the stock bar size but i know they are oversized and i think these would work.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Pro-Taper-Universal-Rubber-Mount-Kit-For-1-1-8in-Bars_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1638Q2em118Q2el124 7QQcategoryZ35587QQihZ002QQitemZ120264275009QQrdZ1 QQsspagenameZWD1V

troylee500se
06-22-2008, 09:17 AM
i tried every thing nothing works the kfx vibrate you have to live with it or sell it.I complain to kawasaki direcly and they told me i was the only one (BS) call kawasaki to complain mabey they will do somthing some day

k4f5x0r
06-22-2008, 09:28 AM
what have you tried? im just curious. the vibrations arent too bad but if there is a simple fix i would deffinatley look into it. the rubber mounts would seem to make sense to me too..

Drewltr450
06-22-2008, 04:14 PM
I have a kit for sale that 99.9% takes away the anoying vibrations with your kawasaki. simply give me your creditcard number and your social security number and your address. The kit is 45,000$ and worth every penny PM me if intrested.:D

Drewltr450
06-22-2008, 04:31 PM
Hannah Montana SUCKS!!!.

troylee500se
06-22-2008, 06:11 PM
houser anti vibe steering anti vibe clamp
anti vibe insert
flexx handle bar
quadtech seat (very good seat)
the vibrator always wins:mad:

Kawi_41
06-22-2008, 07:17 PM
The Flexx bars took care of all I needed. If the vibrations are the only thing you worry about, you're not riding hard enough.;)

k4f5x0r
06-22-2008, 07:20 PM
its not that they bother me THAT much. its just if theres a simple solution id like them. if i could afford them id like fasst bars and a stabalizer and everything. but i cant. but im deffinatley thinking about saving for them now that youve said that :eek2:

Kawi_41
06-22-2008, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by k4f5x0r
its not that they bother me THAT much. its just if theres a simple solution id like them. if i could afford them id like fasst bars and a stabalizer and everything. but i cant. but im deffinatley thinking about saving for them now that youve said that :eek2:

Just save for the Flexx. In most people's opinion, it's one of the best things they've ever purchased for their quads. I never pay attention to vibration when I'm riding, so they must help quite a bit.

k4f5x0r
06-22-2008, 07:31 PM
any idea on places wher ei could get them for a decent price? i know im gunna have to dish out around 300 new. not sur eabout used but im kinda iffy buying used unless i see it in person. then again i will buy used for a decent price.

06-22-2008, 07:50 PM
call up trick racing im sure hel get you flexx for prob 250 just tell him you no jrod. All kawis are going to vibrate. the alum frames are so rigid. I got flexx they do help alot. also filling your bars with silicone? i think helps a bit to.

k4f5x0r
06-22-2008, 08:17 PM
thanks walsh. but would i need to get mounts for the flexx or could i use the stock ones?. if i needed ones id get the rubber ones with the flexx bars to remove a bit moer vibration.

btw anotehr reason for getting flex bars by me is for whenever i land a jump horribly my wrist jerks and hurts. i did it this weekend and it still hurts(did it yesterday on a small jump) and i think flexx bars take abit of that away. correct?

Drewltr450
06-22-2008, 10:41 PM
NOPE^^^^ they actuly flexx the opisite direction you land making your wrists turn into jello.

Bajakawi
06-29-2008, 07:51 AM
Guys come on, a little vibration never hurt anyone!..try these

http://www.fasstco.com/products/insert.shtml

They are made by fasst Co. easy to install and seem to help the vibration issue. They can be made to work with handguards too, I use them, I just had to be a bit creative. I also use a Rox anti-vibe bar riser/clamp system..it does everything the Kawi needs all in one! it raises the bar height 2", it also gives you an anti-vibe stem, and it gives an incredible amount of bar adjustability. I have all of this including a Gibson dual steering stabilizer system. Vibration is cut way down....I definately suggest the Rox riser and some sort of steering stabilizer, then add the inserts later....When installing the Rox riser kit, you will need to get a little more length out of some electrical wires under the front hood, but there is no problems with any cable lengths, everything will work you just need to gain a bit of slack by rotating some wires.

Rox anti-vibe riser- $170
Gibson Steering damper (stick)- $150, dual $300
Fasst Co. inserts- $60

k4f5x0r
06-29-2008, 09:43 AM
Well i dont have that kind of money to just throw around. I know about anti vibe stems and all of that stuff, but i also want the Fasst bars for the actual flex part. i do hit some jumps that are big enough to hurt your arms(no landings) and im hoping the flexx bars will help.

im getting it both for vibrations and arm pump :devil:

Drewltr450
06-29-2008, 04:25 PM
HANNAH MONTANA SUCKS:p