PDA

View Full Version : 05 90 predator no start

mkelee
06-21-2008, 02:18 PM
Hello, I have spark and fuel every thing works but it will not fire.
I noticed the headlights are not on when key is on. They flickere when I hit the start button. Arent the head lights supposed to be on at all times ? is there a correlation here???

mkelee
06-24-2008, 10:18 AM
Does anyone have a electical schematic?????

markvette
06-24-2008, 10:32 AM
could be lots of reasons it wont start. you need fuel and spark which you have both. check all electrical connections and clean them. check all grounds. now again if you have fuel and spark but it wont fire here are a few more things to check. compression, and crank seals. unless you have changed the reeds they should be good, stock reeds are steel and i have never seen a stock set go bad. a compression gage is almost a must with these little 2 stroke minis. you can get one for about 20 bucks at an auto parts store.

Mark

Evasiveone
06-27-2008, 12:12 PM
The lights do not come on when ignition is on, only when the engine is running.

Is the spark a really bright spark? When our stator started to go out it would spark but it was not a strong enough spark to start the quad. Replaced the stator and all was well.

mkelee
06-28-2008, 11:15 AM
this thing has less than 20 hours on it was bought 12/07 one weekend in the desert. The stator can go on this that quick???

mkelee
06-29-2008, 11:28 AM
how do you test a stator?????