View Full Version : Cams Cams Cams!!!!!!!

Drewltr450
06-20-2008, 11:14 PM
i want to get some hot cams for my bike please give me some recomendations. and also would i need a powercomander for it with cams or would a cherry bomb work???? (please tell me anything and everything i would need to know about it).

TheNewn
06-21-2008, 01:20 AM
What kind of power are you looking for?

the search tool is a wonderful feature.

The Cherry bomb is not enough. You will need some sort of EFI controller. The cherry bomb isnt even enough for an aftermarket exhaust with the airbox lid off.

Use, more, detail.

trx310R#24
06-23-2008, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by TheNewn
What kind of power are you looking for?

the search tool is a wonderful feature.

The Cherry bomb is not enough. You will need some sort of EFI controller. The cherry bomb isnt even enough for an aftermarket exhaust with the airbox lid off.

Use, more, detail.

^^^like he said your going to need a controllor. an i would go with the 2 stage hotcam.... an what you do with the bike mx or xc or do you just ride? you looking for more power offf the line or top speed or in the midle?

660LE
06-23-2008, 02:26 PM
for the ltr i believe their is only 1 stage hotcam.

and from some other forum it was the best allround cam for the ltr.

if you have a stock compression piston , you only need an intake cam. if you do both on a stock piston you will loose some bottom end.

high compression + cams will really waken the quad up.

Drewltr450
07-22-2008, 06:19 PM
For a full rossier pipe no airbox lid and an intake and exhaust cam. were could i get a efi map for that?

450Rchaser
07-23-2008, 07:52 AM
PowerCommander.com should have a map for that pipe and airbox setup. AS for the piston you will need it dyno tuned. I have yet to find an atv dyno ANYWHERE close to TN. Thats why im just going w/ an intake cam right now. I dont wanna put a piston an exhaust cam and then not be able to get it to run good.

Drewltr450
07-23-2008, 09:22 AM
yea i know of a dyno around me just it would be such a pain in the *** to get ther and its like 150$ an hour or something like that. So ill just keep the intake cam.

450Rchaser
07-23-2008, 12:32 PM
The place I found is about 65 miles from where I work. I actually found it since i posted earlier. They said $250 for a complete custom tuned map and dyno printouts. I was just gonna do the cam last night and be done with it for awhile.

Now Im just gonna adjust the valves and slap it back together for a saturday ride that we had been planning. And then take it right back apart and do the piston, valves & springs, port my head, 08 throttle body, and go with both cams.

Hopefully i will be very pleased and will be able to post a thread in the dyno forum for people to see the results.

Drewltr450
07-23-2008, 08:36 PM
r u running the same map with the intake cam as you would with jsut the pipe and the airbox lid off?

450Rchaser
07-23-2008, 08:44 PM
Yeah im running the same map. Ive been told it doesnt need to be tuned w/ just a cam.

Drewltr450
07-23-2008, 08:56 PM
alright awesome thats what i wanted to hear lol thanks.