PDA

View Full Version : diamond j contact info??

vislaguy
06-20-2008, 07:44 PM
where do I find out a about diamond j kits?? Im looking for a kit to put 300ex a arms on a eton 90 .any feedback would be good to ,good or bad?? thanks mike

John451
06-21-2008, 10:37 PM
www.diamondjcustoms.com
E-mail- DiamondJCustoms@yahoo.com

I got the +6 kit for my 300 with shock conversion. I wasnt impressed with the 400 shocks and i ended up flipping the L's and using the stock 300 ones. Id bet it would be good with 450 shocks. Sharp turns were wierd because the outside wheel turned more than the inside wheel in every turn. And it would get stuck sometimes too. Other than that it was great. I could still do bicycles with it if i wanted to. I only flipped it once on the ice with the kit cuz someone put an ice fishing hole in the middle of the packed lake highway. Good price, jumped well, gave it the miles of bicycle test and it stayed the same. Felt stable. Not much difference in suspention performance in a good way. Any more questions? I'll be glad to answer. Its a great kit, everyone hates it because it's inexpensive and overlooks the good parts.

vislaguy
06-22-2008, 07:38 AM
thanks thats just what I was looking for.

300ex mxracer
06-22-2008, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by John451
[B Its a great kit, everyone hates it because it's inexpensive and overlooks the good parts. [/B]

Alot of people dislike it because it throws the whole front end geometry off, not because its cheap.

400exrider707
06-23-2008, 07:43 AM
I dislike it because it makes your handling MUCH WORSE and because its extremely UNSAFE, think what you will, but anyone who knows even a little bit about suspension setups knows these kits are a total rip-off and a hazard for anyone riding on one.:o

If you want info with technical advice on why these kits are junk, please read the sticky at the top of the page. Thanks.:cool:

John451
06-23-2008, 03:29 PM
Yeah, mine came out okay, i agree that the handling is kinda iffy but for the 300, it didn't seem all that bad. The geometry seemed the same, the suspention might have been a little softer. I think that it throws other quad's off more but I think the 300 is set up in a way that makes the kit ride fairly well. Steering was different tho.

400exrider707
06-23-2008, 07:16 PM
Yeah, mine came out okay, i agree that the handling is kinda iffy but for the 300, it didn't seem all that bad. The geometry seemed the same, the suspention might have been a little softer. I think that it throws other quad's off more but I think the 300 is set up in a way that makes the kit ride fairly well. Steering was different tho.

No, no matter what quad you put it on, it handles much worse. It will not come out "OK" no matter how you look at it. It's unsafe and a rip-off. I'm sorry if I come off hostile about this, I hate to see fellow ATV'ers getting ripped off for one and secondly I hate seeing this same rip off put a fellow rider in safety jeopardy.

The geometry is no where near the same, please read the sticky at the top and you will understand this.

Do you still have this on your quad? I can tell you how to demonstrate this right in your own garage.

300ex mxracer
06-23-2008, 08:16 PM

The geometry is not the same. the pivot point for the a arms is 3 inches wider than the tie-rod's pivot points

John451
06-24-2008, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by 400exrider707
No, no matter what quad you put it on, it handles much worse. It will not come out "OK" no matter how you look at it. It's unsafe and a rip-off. I'm sorry if I come off hostile about this, I hate to see fellow ATV'ers getting ripped off for one and secondly I hate seeing this same rip off put a fellow rider in safety jeopardy.

The geometry is no where near the same, please read the sticky at the top and you will understand this.

Do you still have this on your quad? I can tell you how to demonstrate this right in your own garage.

Nahh, actually i sold the quad and don't really plan on getting another widening kit like that. That's just because I got that one to see what they were like. I myself didnt mind it. But now that I think about it, whenever i landed a jump the wheel's caster or whichever would change and the front wheels would turn like \ / but less and it was like the front brakes were going on. I guess at the time i thought the kit was the **** and wanted to deny the fact that it was ****. I didn't really jump mine enough to notice that. Idk y i didnt think of that and relate them to eachother.

400exrider707
06-24-2008, 12:07 PM
Nahh, actually i sold the quad and don't really plan on getting another widening kit like that. That's just because I got that one to see what they were like. I myself didnt mind it. But now that I think about it, whenever i landed a jump the wheel's caster or whichever would change and the front wheels would turn like \ / but less and it was like the front brakes were going on. I guess at the time i thought the kit was the **** and wanted to deny the fact that it was ****. I didn't really jump mine enough to notice that. Idk y i didnt think of that and relate them to eachother.

Exactly. It was the toe in and toe out that changes. Like 300ex mxracer said the pivot points for the a-arms moves out much further from the pivot points of the tie rods. If you notice most quads already have this problem, thus the small amount of toe in and out that occurs through the suspension travel. Moving the arms out farther without compensating the tie rods is making the problem MUCH worse. That alone should make people stay away, but beyond that there is a huge safety factor. People think they are safe because they are made of 1/4" steel or whatever they're made out of, but your wheels and a-arm assemblies are going to act like a giant lever on those brackets and they will bend. Most people dont take the time to consider the downfalls of this kit because they have too much pride to admit that the crap they just spent their money on is just that... crap.