PDA

View Full Version : paddle tire questions

sparksmakefire
06-20-2008, 07:43 PM
ok i just bought a brand new trx450er just to play in the dunes with... well i need some paddles and i have no idea which paddles and wheels to get. shed some light on this and help me and some other new/future dune riders pick some tires and wheels.

rooster300ex
06-22-2008, 09:10 AM
If you want to slide don't get straight blade paddles. Goto www.rockymountainatv.com and check out the paddle tires and see what ya like. Itp,skat-trak,kenda are all good tires. I like the kenda trakkers. They allow you to powerslide and climb, they are alil heavy compared to some paddle tires though.

scott222
06-23-2008, 04:50 PM
if u want a paddle thats gunna hook up good buy mine there 8 paddle haulers and they like brand new only three trips on them no rims they but for rims i would go with douglass red labels

Black R/T
06-24-2008, 11:00 AM
if you are drag racing, pick a straight paddle tire. skat trak haulers are great for this application and they are the favorite of drag racers. they are light weight with a very strong paddle. the more paddles youve got the more hookup, drag and weight you have. so more isnt always better. also, rim size can play a role in the handling characteristics of the tire. an 8 inch rim and tire combo weighs less (which equals more power to the wheels) than a 9 or 10inch combo but the 8inch has more side to side flex compared to the 10inch, which can give a sloppy feel in corners.

if all around riding is your game, then you most likely would rather a V-paddle design. ITP sand stars are good, so are the kendas. if you can shell out the money, Skat Trak makes a V-paddle tire that is both light weight and gives you good cornering ability.

IMO, the ITP sand star is the best all around tire. i run a set of sand stars on my R and i love them. very durable, great hookup and carving bowls is as easy as pinning the throttle and pitching it sideways. thats just an opinion tho.

hope this helps.