PDA

View Full Version : Delivery question

mcwilly
06-20-2008, 03:33 PM
We're going to be getting our son a DRX50 in the next couple of weeks. My question is, where and how did you get yours delivered? From what I understand, it has to be delivered to someplace w/ a forklift or pallet-jack. Is that right?

Nichols Atvs
06-20-2008, 04:04 PM
We use a fork tractor but i have heard people backing their truck up and siding them down planks or the alum ez loaders. or a loading dock .

wvspeedfreak
06-20-2008, 05:37 PM
If you have a pick up truck they can slide it right off into your truck bed.That is how they did mine.They delivered it to my work.

kazuaki
06-20-2008, 06:28 PM
Mine was delivered to my house and set right on my driveway. There was an extra charge for this though. I would guess it depends on the shipping company used.

forgiven
06-20-2008, 09:47 PM
I have slid them down a plank to my truck...which works OK. You don't want to try and lift them down into a truck...about a 2 foot drop and they are heavy crated up. Me and my buddy can carry them but it is difficult in and out of a truck. I would not recommend that...sliding on the plank is nice and easy.

mcwilly
06-21-2008, 07:30 AM
Yeah, I drive a truck-so I guess that's gonna be my option. I've heard of places dropping off stuff at the end of the driveway too...a buddy of mine had a crate of landscaper stones delivered to his house, but the driver went the extra mile and actually rolled them up to the front of the house.
I've been racking my brain trying to figure out a place w/ a forklift or loading dock to have it delivered. Thanks for the info!

forgiven
06-21-2008, 07:31 AM
If they tailgate it for you...it will prolly be an extra 75-100.

bulldogfallon
06-21-2008, 01:01 PM
They are very mobile in the cardboard box they ship in...It has a ca.rdboard base so it slides easy

It is very easy to back up a pick up truck and slide it off the truck into yours.

or

you can sometimes pick it up at the local terminal which is sometimes cheaper.

Box size is 53" x 38" 30"