PDA

View Full Version : 250r Vs 700

kubitza123
06-20-2008, 11:11 AM
Will a piped jetted slightly modded 250r outrun a 700??? any1 know or have any idea how close

laplap
06-21-2008, 12:12 AM
your kidding right :rolleyes:

kubitza123
06-21-2008, 08:35 AM
no i'm not kidding i'm looking to buy one or the other and i rode a 700 the other day and it runs good but its not like just badass or to me its not anyways. Never rode a 250r but remember some a friend of mine had and back then it seemed pretty damn quick. I've only had a Z400 and lots of motorcycles and the raptors nothing compared to mt 85 cr500. So just wondering if i do buy a 250r how much work is going to be needed on the engine before i dont have to worry with being beaten by slighty modded 450's and 700's

Nick08
06-22-2008, 09:01 AM
alot of work lol

ccdhowell
06-22-2008, 08:13 PM
I have an '07 Raptor 700 and a '90 Suzuki Quadracer, which is a 250 2stroke, and the trx250r's closed competitor back in the day. My Raptor is pretty much stock and my Quadracer is piped with a 38 Keihin Airstriker 38 on it and it runs quite strong. I've never raced them side-by-side, they're both mine, but by the seat of my pants, I'd say they are pretty close. They feel totally different, like they were made on different planets or something. Honestly my Quadracer feels stronger, but it just may be because it is nearly a hundred pounds lighter than the Raptor. The Raptor is strong and I know if I piped it and added a fuel controller and air box mods that it would easily get the Quadracer. Then again the Quadracer has no internal engine work done so it could be made stronger too.

Well, dang if I know, just ride what you want and have fun with it. Do you want an old school, light weight screamer or a totally modern torque monster, the choice is yours, either way, you win.

Chris

LotusPosition
06-23-2008, 04:33 AM
A fiend has a 250R with a little internal work, and he raced a stock 700R sveral times. Both riders were of equal skill, and the races were almost too close to call, probably dependent on traction out of the hole.

hypersnyper6947
06-23-2008, 03:59 PM
I say it would be to close to call but i would like the raptor because of the low maintenance four stroke engine. Plus its the best trail machine out. Where do you ride and what style i think is the biggest question.

250r4life
06-24-2008, 12:21 AM
if you take a raptor 700 and put a full exhaust on it, a pro design K&n filter with the lid off, and a fuel controller, its gunna take a 250r with anywhere from a 265-310 kit with a good port job, a pipe, reeds, carb, and filter to run with it... not to say that it will beat every 310 or even every 265 out there, but you get the idea...

mcboomport
07-30-2008, 01:56 PM
well I would say it would take a lot of mods to have a 250r run as quick as a piped and jetted 700. My bike is not a drag bike, but I drag raced a bone stock 700 raptor last year for about an hour and he pulled me so hard in first gear that I couldn't catch him by the end of the hill climb (i topped in 4th, almost getting to 5th). He did not pull me after second gear, but he had me by about 2 bikes. It was not that steep of a hill either. My bike did have a big hole in the exhaust (cracked where it mounts to frame, Paul Turner) and the motor was on its first bore, but here is a small list of what was done.... 38a/s carb, k&n, no airbox, Lightened flywheel, and clean up porting. I would say with a fresh bore and a pipe without a hole, I maybe would have taken him, BUT, it was just a stock 700 raptor! The big carb and the pipe I had did nothing for bottom end either on pretty much a stock motor. So my point, you may need to spend a little cash if you want to be as fast as one.