PDA

View Full Version : ltr450 or 450r 09?

trx310R#24
06-19-2008, 11:24 PM
i need to pick a quad its going to be a mx show quad

blacknblue#2
06-20-2008, 01:48 AM
IMHO this all just depends on you and also your financial state. If your want to build an MX quad out of the honda you gotta be willing to fork out the cash for suspension and all that to be competitive. Or if your wanting to build an MX quad on a budget you can buy an LTR and just a set of shocks or send the stockers for a rebuild and your cometitive up to a point. You also have to think of yourself. Im 6'3 and i feel much better on the honda for some reason. I had a good buddy with an mx LTR and i felt cramped on it....He loved it but he was also about 5'10. I am not biased and both are great machines. One thing i have always paid attention to is look at all the pro riders that rode honda as a privateer. Until they got factory backed there was ALOT of them that rode honda when they had their own choice.

trx310R#24
06-20-2008, 03:06 AM
Originally posted by blacknblue#2
IMHO this all just depends on you and also your financial state. If your want to build an MX quad out of the honda you gotta be willing to fork out the cash for suspension and all that to be competitive. Or if your wanting to build an MX quad on a budget you can buy an LTR and just a set of shocks or send the stockers for a rebuild and your cometitive up to a point. You also have to think of yourself. Im 6'3 and i feel much better on the honda for some reason. I had a good buddy with an mx LTR and i felt cramped on it....He loved it but he was also about 5'10. I am not biased and both are great machines. One thing i have always paid attention to is look at all the pro riders that rode honda as a privateer. Until they got factory backed there was ALOT of them that rode honda when they had their own choice.

yeah i know what you mean the best in mx started on honda's but then the ltr's not doing so bad its self!!! but thanks for you help i want to make sure i buy the right bike

quad59
06-20-2008, 05:28 AM
If your just riding locally I would go with the ltr. Fuel injection really is awesome, its so nice to never have to rejet your bike. It will also save you alot of cash in the suspension department. If you were pro or pro-am it wouldnt really matter what bike you have because to keep up you woul have to mod everything anyways.. Then it would come down to the best deal you could get.

trx310R#24
06-20-2008, 03:05 PM
well its for my after marcket company so ill be making most of the parts on it... it kind of a show quad i may race it now an again but not that much im going to be making mostly motor stuff like exhausts an ill be doing porting an other stuff but if that gos well ill make a-arms, swing arm, an other things

TRUE
06-20-2008, 05:26 PM
Honda hasn't unveiled the 2009 450R!!

06-20-2008, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by TRUE
Honda hasn't unveiled the 2009 450R!!

right so its a tough call but even if the 2009 450r is the exact same I would still choose it. You want to make a-arms and such but I see a lot of people with LTR using stock a-arms so I think it would be wise to use a TRX450r instead because people dont use the stock a-arms that much and I think there are more TRX450r owners

hondarider101
06-20-2008, 07:07 PM
that should be a easy call.

honda

trx310R#24
06-20-2008, 08:50 PM
i dont know ill still be making them for all the other quads!!!
an im never going to up my price cuz my company gets big

case saver is going to come out as soon as i make like 100 of then cuz i think they will go fast (you cant get one like it anywere)
my exhausts are coming out in a month (if all gos to plan)
my porting i am done testing after spending thousands on heads
a-arms after i make a littlie bit of money for more testing

i cant give you my website at this time i got to buy an ad of of atvriders first look for it!

trick250r
06-21-2008, 08:10 AM
if its mostly a show quad then it really doesnt matter which one. who is gonna wanna look at an LTR that has stock a-arms and shocks? if youre gonna show it youre gonna have to show a good deal of money on both. IMO the honda has the laid back good looks but the LTR just looks aggressive and badass. its up to you.