PDA

View Full Version : 2 stroke bog?

sparksmakefire
06-19-2008, 05:34 PM
I know i should post in the polaris sportsman section... but no one ever goes there. ive got a 94 polaris sportsman 400 4x4. Its a 2 stroke :( well i took it to the dunes today and on the whoops going into the dunes it would bog a little bit. also if i start it in reverse it idles horribly and dies if you give it gas. but if you start it in neutral or high it will run just fine. also when it dies started in reverse it will die and backfire really loud. im just curious as to what this bog is. its never done it before. it would also do it out in the sand every once in a while just randomly bog down then i would let it idle then it would go. possible broken reed? time for rebuild? jetting off? let me know what you guys think. thanks.

LT250_JOE
06-20-2008, 07:29 PM
Try "everything2stroke.com"

wilkin250r
06-21-2008, 01:40 AM
I'm not sure about the whoops, but does it have a reverse rev limiter override button?

I have a Polaris Trailblazer250, and if you give it gas in reverse, it's supposed to go no more than about 1500-2000 rpm. But it doesn't do that, it just bogs and dies, unless you hold the RPM override button.

sparksmakefire
06-21-2008, 07:49 AM
shortly after i posted this thread i thought i would change the sparkplug. there was carbon build up on it and it was making it run like ****. it runs great now. it had such a weak spark im suprised it even started.

LT250_JOE
06-21-2008, 10:16 AM
Funny how the answer was in your username all along!!!!