PDA

View Full Version : which slip on to go with?

1Fun400EX
06-19-2008, 01:00 PM
So i have a 2001 400ex and im going to do start updating some of the parts that are on there with new ones and i was wondering which slip on pipe i should go with. right now it has a fmf power bomb header and fmf power core 4 slip on im going to keep the header on there but i want to get a new slip on. its a toss up between the fmf Q4 slip on and the pro circuit T4 slip on. any suggesstions on which i should go with?

Hondamaster5505
06-19-2008, 01:20 PM
The FMF Q4 will make less power than your PCIV and the T4, because it's a quiet forestry approved pipe. Hence the "Q" in the name.

It's still a good pipe, but on the quieter side, so it most likely won't make as much power as the PC or T4.

The t4 is pretty loud, but not ear-splitting like the HMF or CSR. Pretty good pipe overall.

So if your looking for a little louder with good power, go with the pro-circut. If your looking to be quiet while still making more power than stock, go with the Q4.

Personally, Id keep the PCIV because it's one of the smoothest most refined sounding pipes ive ever heard, IMO.