PDA

View Full Version : All you TT racers

EXflattracker
12-01-2002, 05:46 PM
Hey guys I raced TT this last spring and summer but then after a pretty serious wreck I made the switch to motorcross. Now that it is fading out I've started to miss havin another quad 4 inches from me going 60 into a sweeper, ahhh it's great. So I would like all you TT racers to post pics of your quads and your mods done. Maybe even a TT story or two. I'm about to order a sway bar and works flattrack shocks. I still have tires and such. So please just post pics of your TT setups and I surely would appreciate it.

Ryan
12-01-2002, 05:52 PM
Why did you go to motocross, that is more dangerous.

Chef
12-01-2002, 05:59 PM
Good to hear your gonna get back into TT.

My 400 has Houser A-Arms, RPM -2 Swingarm, Dura Blue Sway Bar, LSR Axle, LSR Carrier,Side Winder Sprockets, Big Gun exhaust, FullBore Plastics, American Racers, Beadlocks with rings, AC Bumper and nerfs, polished side cases, 909 bars. PD Kill Switch, Thump racing bar clamp, Custom bent steering stem, and some more junk I'm not remembering...

Chef
12-01-2002, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Ryan88
Why did you go to motocross, that is more dangerous.

Not necessarily...You dont go 70 side by side with other quads on clay in motocross....

EXflattracker
12-01-2002, 06:05 PM
Alky is right. Every time you even touch tires in a TT race you usually go tumbling in some direction. I personlly am not gonna say it's more dangerous but the risk is just as high. Are those the flattrack shocks on your 400 Alky???

Bean
12-01-2002, 06:10 PM
ok, on mine, pretend it has all the parts on it, like tires, and lowerd up, and swaybar, etc

i love TT alot, its pretty fun, heres my best story so far

i pulled a bad enough, 2nd to last, and was commin up to 2nd place on the 2nd to last lap, i had him passed, and i was like, im tired of this LT on my @ss, so i shifted up to 4th, pinned it, and it came around, did a few cartwheels, i flipped around, blacked out fora few secs, woke up, them bikes were flyin back around, i was like, wow, how did i get on the ground, so i walked to the inside wall and sat down, had a splitin headache, then i got the bike tipped back over, and the race was redflagged, and whatever position anyone was in for the heat was the order u got to choose position n final, and i didnt do the final

400exrules
12-01-2002, 06:12 PM
Mmmmm good story

Ryan
12-01-2002, 06:12 PM
Well yeah that is true but also hitting big jumps and wrecking on them is no good. Mx you will see more crashes but TT they will be more serious.

Chef
12-01-2002, 06:18 PM
Well yeah that is true but also hitting big jumps and wrecking on them is no good. Mx you will see more crashes but TT they will be more serious.

Yep, thats the basic theory...Except for at small, narrow tracks, where the idiots roam. Then there are alot of crashes....Like this one \/

THe theory about TT wrecks being serious for the small size they are is really true, I fractured a disk in my back from this wreck, at about 15 miles an hour.

I have a couple storys. First one is about me. I was leading a really big race, in front of an audience of about 6g. I was ahead by probably half a lap, and then I got into a corner too hot and the front tires locked up on me and I went out through the hay bales onto another part of the track. (This was indoor, so the track made a sharp turn, and came back by itself, seperated by one row of bales. So I spun around, thinking I had to go back on the track where I came off, and went back through the bales onto the track. I finished the lap, and they black flagged me. When you get black flagged up here, you are totally out of the event. So after some talking with the officials, they let me run the main. But, I had to start in dead last place. So the light turned green, we took off for the first turn, and I was even with the front row by the time I got there. I sat back a little, waited for the mess of guys in the first turn to clear up, then passed about 8 people in the next straight stretch. I finished 3rd, from 14th, so that was a good race.

Next story isnt so long (Thank god :D ) A dude on a really sweet R was out in practice with me at this other track, and I guess he hooked a tire, flipped his bike like 10 feet in the air, then the bike landed right side up on top of the fence, snapping a 24 inch fence post off and landing on a few barrells....:eek:

Ryan
12-01-2002, 06:21 PM
ouch, thats not good. I heard TT is really fun just never have any place to really try it. At the end of hevous 3 they have a TT crash when they were racing in the rain. It looked really serious.:eek:

MILF_HUNTER
12-01-2002, 06:35 PM
that crash you mentioned ryan: the guy only broke his color bone!!

Bean
12-01-2002, 06:37 PM
is that the one where his quad went over the wall?

Ryan
12-01-2002, 06:38 PM
It looked worse than that. I couldn't even imagine of what he broke on his quad :eek:

MILF_HUNTER
12-01-2002, 06:39 PM
i think the one he is talking about is were they come flyin around the sweeper on an oval track. the guy flips his quad to the inside and gets pounded by it. it looks alot worse than it was i guess if he only suffered a broken color bone

Chef
12-01-2002, 06:51 PM
I think I know what you guys are talking about. Its like on that little dusty bullring track and they head down into the first turn and then there is like 5 bikes flipping and then one goes flying like out of the track.?

Rider#11
12-01-2002, 06:57 PM
i was suposed to buy front/rear american racers on rims,sparks advanced timing,fron lowring kit from exflattracker but i find out toaday that he got a call and he might get semi sponsered..now it looks like im out of luck and wont be able to buy his stuff..so....now im screwed and i dont know what to do cause i cant afford the tires/rims new or to include the front lowering kit..i built around this and now..lol im screwed dont know what im gunna do:( :( :(

Ryan
12-01-2002, 06:58 PM
No that wasn't it. It was about 5 or 6 quads coming around the a turn on a oval. The track was really wet and then they were half down the straight when all the sudden the guy just slides sideways really quick and rolls his quad a bunch of times. Its pretty crazy!

EvilJester400EX
12-01-2002, 07:08 PM
zeb (rider11) sorry to hear bout that.. gotta get new now! oh well, just work a little harder man

Bean
12-01-2002, 07:13 PM
all i can say is, sucks bad, keep workin for the new stuff i guess

Rider#11
12-01-2002, 07:13 PM
well no flatrack or tt racing next year it looks like:( ,,,no way i can afford like 600-700$ for it..each tire is 95$..lol so..anybody wana sell me theres

Bean
12-01-2002, 09:22 PM
i will admit, 95$ per tire is insane, u can buy almost 2 Holeshot MX rears for that

raptor_02
12-01-2002, 09:46 PM
my opinion motocross is way better than TT. But that's only an opinion. TT seems like it would be pretty scary, quads going 60-70mph inches apart.

Bean
12-01-2002, 09:48 PM
thats teh funnest part, i love givvin a nice ram in the turns

Chef
12-01-2002, 10:35 PM
No that wasn't it. It was about 5 or 6 quads coming around the a turn on a oval. The track was really wet and then they were half down the straight when all the sudden the guy just slides sideways really quick and rolls his quad a bunch of times. Its pretty crazy!

Now I remember what it was. What the heck were they racing in the rain for? I cant even turn if my front tires are even damp, or hte track is somewhat muddy.

EXFlattracker, who are you getting sponsored by? How do you even get sponsors? I'm supposed to fill this thing out at my local dealer, and then he will send it to Honda for some kind of sponsorship deal....free riding gear and less than dealer cost on parts...but I dont know what I'm supposed to do?

QuadJunkies
12-01-2002, 11:45 PM
I have no pics, but I am dying to get myself into TT racing!:) I have thought about for awhile now , and Im gonna try it..looks like Ill have to invest some money on some mods and I would take all the advise you can give me;) next race is in Jan...