be fuel mix???????????????? all help appreciated

MichaelS693
11-08-2001, 05:10 PM
I NEED THAT ANSWER ALSO I HAVE THE SAME PROB. ON MY BLASTER

C:\WINDOWS\Desktop\confederatesm].gif
FLY IT HIGH!

brokenbones
11-08-2001, 05:18 PM
the stock exhaust flange sucks i owned my R since 1987 ive always had a problem with that i installed a billet exhaust flange with 2 o rings from esr and have no leaks in 1989 i installed a lonestar exhausted flange and it lasted for about 2 years the esr is not that old but it still doesnt leak invest in one of these and your problem will be solved i run my Rs at 50:1 on race fuel

brokenbones
built Rs only
ride hard ride often

stocktires
11-08-2001, 07:12 PM
i totally agree, i just switched to a CMF flange and it looks sooo awesome and works even better, its has not 1 but 2 o-rings and 2 spares with it!!! awesome investment for only $29, i dont think they make one for a blaster unless you just get a new steel gasket for it maybe?!?!?!?! and brakenbones do you need to put less oil into the premix with race gas? im gonna run half 92 and half 112 cuz i have a coold head with powerstar 19cc dome. should i stay at 32:1 or what? i use maxima super M now running 92 and 2 caps full of klotz octane booster should i stay with that setup?

11-08-2001, 11:24 PM
Just a thought!

I fixed a friends Yamaha recently with the same problem but it had a blown gasket due to a warped head and the oil ran down the exhaust making it look like a bad exhaust gasket. :square

moto93
11-09-2001, 08:11 AM
Nothing a little high temp silicone can't fix!

thorspapa
11-09-2001, 10:16 PM
It's not unusual for a little gunk to leak from the ehaust flange at the cylinder on two stroke bikes. If you have a good seal and can't feel the gas actually leaking out, then you either:
1) are running a little too rich, or
2) it's happening during low speed running/idling
BTW, when I say running rich i'm not referring to gas/oil mixture, but gas/ air mixture.
Please don't take this as an insult, any of you, it's not meant as one, but many riders have that problem when they don't ride a relatively high performance two stroke in the higher rpm ranges like it should be ridden. Most two strokes aren't made for lugging the motor or low rpm running, and you will get the dreaded gunk drip/collection at the pipe-exhaust flange when ridden this way.
That said, you might just be running too rich:D

dune250r
11-10-2001, 11:38 PM
I had the same problem in my 250R before I had the jetting correct. I was running too rich. Now that I have the air/fuel mixure correct the problem is gone.

9300EX
11-11-2001, 02:58 PM
OK guys thanks alot . Ive never had a 250r myself so I
couldn't help a friend when he asked about this problem.