PDA

View Full Version : 2007 outlaw 525 shift problem

fl-gators
06-18-2008, 01:40 PM
ok so i have had my outlaw 525 for about a year now. and in that year it has been pretty bulletproof. went up the canyon saturday and something happened with the shifting. it stopped shifting between any gear other than 4th to 5th and 5th to 4th thats it. it also slips out of them. but i was wondering if anyone had any ideas of what might be wrong with this unit. its in the shop and getting torn apart by a very trusted mechanic just doesn't have experience working with the outlaws or KTM motors since they are so new. any responses will be appreciated. thank you for your help in advance.

NRPkfx400
06-18-2008, 02:03 PM
Maybe your clutch plates are worn out but for that new of a bike that seems unlikely. Im not sure but the clutch cable may need adjusting. Just a few ideas.

smokinwrench
06-18-2008, 09:52 PM
My guess is a bent shift fork.

TYLER329
06-19-2008, 06:50 PM
Mine is doing the same thing. Just started a couple of weeks ago. Motor has to be hot before it will do it so i am guessing clutch plates.

sheriff525
06-19-2008, 07:22 PM
Mine and my brothers quad did something similar when we first got them. We went to the dunes and they would slip gears as we did some climbs even in stock tires. It went away. No problems since until last weekend my clutch was making some funny noises but i imagine it might have something to do with all the water we were going through.

Good luck

LT250_JOE
06-20-2008, 07:12 PM
I had the same problem last year. My shifter bolt was very, very loose. I removed and applied lock-tite.

Hopefully your problem is as easy as mine was.

Oh and my buddies brand new KTM 525 did the same thing!!