PDA

View Full Version : My cylinder is stuck!

Steven
12-01-2002, 04:38 PM
My cylinder seems pretty well stuck to the case.

I've tried a hitting it with rubber malet, tapping it softly with a hammer, and prying lightly with a screw driver between the cooling fins and case.

What is the trick to getting it un-stuck?

Thanks, Steve.

Ryan
12-01-2002, 04:48 PM
Well im no mechanic but it could be your bearings, I don't think that is it though. Maybe you melted it to the cylinder to the wall. Check for weld marks. You might of blew it up. Or maybe you seized it.

TRX_Thumper
12-01-2002, 06:59 PM
stupid question but u did take off the 2 small 10mm cylinder bolts i think near the bottom on the cylinder right?

Steven
12-01-2002, 07:01 PM
Yea, I took them off TRX thumber.

Ryan88, thanks for the reply but spare me.

Ryan
12-01-2002, 07:07 PM
What? Well I tried to help. I said im no mechanic. Call up somebody who knows about that like a dealer or just the local mechanic shop and im sure they might know.

TRX_Thumper
12-01-2002, 07:12 PM
the only bearings in a 4 stroke are in the lower end...that has nothing to do with gettin the cylinder off...i had this problem when i rebuilt an old 230 quadsport of mine...course it was 16 year old.....i just gave it a few hard hits...so why did u tear down the motor? if it was in good runnin order that would eliminate the rings comin out of the groove and grindin into the cylinder...i dunno man...??

BadA$$440
12-01-2002, 07:47 PM
Hey steven, when i took mine off if was pretty stuck on there, all did was take a block of wood against the cylinder, hit it a couple times with a BFH, then do it on the other side. And keep doing that till it pops off.