PDA

View Full Version : exhaust gasket install

cms400ex
06-18-2008, 11:22 AM
i installed new exhaust gsakets when i rebulit my motor but when i went to install my header i do not have enough stud showing to start the nut ! do you have to crush the a little first ?

DementeD
06-18-2008, 11:30 AM
that wasnt a problem when i redid mine a couple weaks ago..

is it just one stud not showing or all of them?
do they look like they have been broken off before??
also u makin sure the header is in as far as it will go and the exhaust gaskets are in and seated properly??

just some things to double check since i didnt have a problem puttin mine on at all

if its just on stud try startin with the other side..tighten it about half way and see if that helps pull it in enough to get the other one started..

rcatvrider
06-18-2008, 06:54 PM
I agree that something is up. It should fit just fine. Make sure it's in as far as it'll go and flat.

REDRIDDER
06-18-2008, 08:10 PM
your talking about the copper o rings for the exhaust? then yes i had the same problem just work it around with a socket or a flat head screwdriver but be as gentile as posible as you can damage the gasket causing it to leak.Get them started enough so you can thread the nuts on and torque each side equaly untill you are torqued to 20ftlbs, then recheck the touqe specs for the first 10hrs or so.This is what i did for mine.