PDA

View Full Version : ATV Four Play swing arms

T@AFP
06-18-2008, 08:39 AM
Hello,
I'm looking for some information from ya'll.
As mentioned in an earlier post we have decided to build suspension for the APEX.
We are needing to know which swingarm you prefer.
The round house carrier style or a HD OEM style?
Also, what added length?
Anything else you'd like to see or have?
This is a pic of our DRR swinger and it seems to be holding up very well. Would this be ok or is the round house a better solution? But of course there will be a significant price difference.
Thanks for your input.

Tom

dblacks
06-18-2008, 11:35 AM
We have the swing arm on 2 quads and it is holding up awesome!! I would love to have the round House but they aren't available for the DRX. Set up on the rear was very easy, set up on the front took a couple tries but we have it working awesome with the fox Float XT's up front and the Podium X on the rear

Logan #34's Dad
06-23-2008, 10:06 PM
Hey Tom, From what I know - the Apex frame is a little longer in the front area. Everything else seems to be the same. I noticed on Ries Parvin's (spelling may be wrong) Apex the rear wheels seem to be real close to the nerf bars. So I think some extra length would not hurt. I don't see why your DRR swinger would not work. Have Guyer try it on Ries's Apex for fit.
Is "your" guy ready to get me a set up for the stock length shock yet? I think the ones your making for the guy in Wooster would work if the shock point is moved out toward the wheel a little.
Rocky - Ohio

ecmini1
06-25-2008, 05:47 AM
Sales wise I think you would sell more if it was a easy bolt on. The round style is easier in the end for set up but you have to purchase extra parts to make it work. I think majority of people like to save money and bolt on and go.

Logan is correct, go with the same length as the DRR . When running the bigger XC tires it does get close to the nerf.

Keep up the great work.

XXX -rider
06-26-2008, 07:57 PM
build it!! ...they will buy it !!

:)

I agree about using the stock carrier ....//or perhaps build 2 versions of it

T@AFP
06-27-2008, 08:52 AM
Thanks for all the suggestions.
The DRR and Apex look similiar but they are not.
With our +1 DRR swinger, it would make the Apex a +2 and some change. Also, If you lengthen the swinger to allow for nerf clearance it could affect how the tire "hooks up". Meaning too long will lighten it up giving you too much wheel spin for light riders.
Also, the shock mount is incorrect.

We are going with the round house carrier style.
It will be offered as a package consisting of the AFP swing arm, AFP bearing carrier and brake plate. Really not sure on cost yet.

Please keep the suggestion coming in.

TricityCdale
06-30-2008, 09:49 PM
Maybe I didn't see the other post....but I presume this is a "long travel" set up? What length shock will you have to run with it?

It sure looks nice and I like the round housing better.