PDA

View Full Version : Decline in Bee population could mean disaster

Quad18star
06-17-2008, 11:07 PM
Anyone hear or read about the decline in the Bee population recently? I saw it on the news the other night about how the bee population is taking a huge nosedive , to the point where up to 80% of the bee population is some areas has died off .

Not only is that scary in itself , but the fact that if the bee population completly dies off , human existance on earth could be done with , in as little as 4 years.

"If the bee disappeared off the surface of the globe then man would only have four years of life left. No more bees, no more pollination, no more plants, no more animals, no more man," said Albert Einstein.

I would post up the complete article , but it's quite long , so I'll let those interested in learning more about it do their own searching . Google search " Bees Dying" and you'll get a whole bunch of articles related to this topic.

300EXrider356
06-17-2008, 11:18 PM
This reminds me of The Happening lol. But ya it is scary to think about.

trx310R#24
06-18-2008, 02:17 AM
bull snap!

globle warming is fake

as for the bee thing i dont care it will be about 200 to 300 years before they die the earth will only be here for an other 100000000003432 in that many years somthings GOING TO GO WRONG so we will just have to find a way to work around it!

coryatver
06-18-2008, 05:37 AM
sounds like some publicity being stirred up for the happening

Pappy
06-18-2008, 05:52 AM
Movie hype..possible

However there are serious concerns over certain bee's disappearing. They are resonsible for the majority of plant propagation (polination) and science can not polinate the world if they do die off. No polination, no vegatables or fruits that rely on polination for them to produce. Nature will handle it as long as its not being caused by man made poisons etc.

Global warming is not fake, the science behind it is. The earth cycles its climate, and many are jumping on this as some form of manmade thing that we can stop. Kind of like blaming the caveman for the ice age and then blaming him for not changing to help prevent it.

<DRS>GPF
06-18-2008, 05:53 AM
sadly, some just look out their window and assume since the grass is green in thier yard, then all is well. self serving.

truly eyes wide shut.

Quad18star
06-18-2008, 06:19 AM
It's not movie hype ... I actually heard about this a few years ago , but that's when they were only losing a few percent of the popualtion ... now it's jumped to over 70% decline in some colonies.

There's been studies done that link it to a lot of the pesticides that are being used , and even tests that show the use of cellphone radio waves is having an effect on them.

Their pollination drives most of the farming business. Put it this way ..... if their decline continues to happen many industries are are risk. One of the articles talked about the canola business in Alberta Canada which is on the verge of crumbling because of the huge decline in bees .... the canola industry in Alberta is worth around 3.2 BILLION dollars annually. :ermm:

Ralph
06-18-2008, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by Quad18star
It's not movie hype ... I actually heard about this a few years ago , but that's when they were only losing a few percent of the popualtion ... now it's jumped to over 70% decline in some colonies.

There's been studies done that link it to a lot of the pesticides that are being used , and even tests that show the use of cellphone radio waves is having an effect on them.

Their pollination drives most of the farming business. Put it this way ..... if their decline continues to happen many industries are are risk. One of the articles talked about the canola business in Alberta Canada which is on the verge of crumbling because of the huge decline in bees .... the canola industry in Alberta is worth around 3.2 BILLION dollars annually. :ermm:

Yeah, not movie hype at all. Ive heard alot about it before.

For anyone that's bored, tell me what 2008 plus these 4 years left equals. Then Google and waste your entire day. haha.