PDA

View Full Version : Help with my project.

jarfly
06-17-2008, 10:21 PM
I need a few qustions answerd about what I am planeing on doing.
First is the engine I am wanting to use a 350x engine. What all do I need and have to do? What wireing harness do I need? And about engine mounts?
Next is the swing arm..
250r? Is the the best swinger to use? I can not afford a after market swinger for it. What all do I have to have to put the 250R swing arm on the 300ex frame?
A-arms. 400ex I know I need the ex shocks and a relocater. Were do I find the locater at?
Thanks for the help

Caseys 300ex
06-18-2008, 09:47 AM
For the swingarm i think only one person used a 250r. There older and hard to find a decent one. Plus they are steel which is extra weight.

Try getting a 450r swinger. There aluminum and easier to come by. Also its a direct bolt on other than making a mount for the linkage.

If your interested i have EVERYTHING you need for the 450r swingarm swap. Includes: swinger, carrier, axle, chain, hubs, sprocket, brake system, linkage and shock.

honda300EXtreme
06-19-2008, 10:23 PM
yea go with the the 450r swinger and 250r rear shock, as far as fabrication goes, you just need to weld a bracket on the frame to accept the linkage

as far as the relocator, your two best bets are JB racing or diamond j customs which can be found on ebay.

the one from diamond j customs is cheaper and personally i use one of these and it has held up great