PDA

View Full Version : Disappointing results?

ZJTurbo
06-17-2008, 09:54 PM
Well I just got back from riding the quad. Installed my jets/ Lexx slip on, removed my airbox cover/ choke. Was kinda of disappointed wasn't looking for neck snapping difference, but def thought I would have got more out of it? I have no arresotr on the slipon running a 155 main? was I just expecting to much or s there more to this?

-Ben

Honda4lyphe
06-17-2008, 11:10 PM
Throw in a 40/42 pilot if you havnt already. Put your lid back on.. that is ALOT of air going through. Hows your plug lookin? Any backfire? For just a slip on, i wouldnt remove the lid espessually after removeing the choke. I never hear good things about lexx at the shop, i just know its a cheap pipe but i guess it gets the job done. Just fool with it, dont say screw it either. Keep changeing jets till its there, and once your right on you may feel a slight bit of difference. But id say try it with the lid on first, and see how you do. There could be a number of different things, maybe all the power is there and you just wernt expecting the feel to seem slight in your terms. If im not mistaken, i hear lexx gives more midrange to highrange power, maybe thats it.. I personally never have had expirence with lexx pipes but i had a guy walk in discussing pipes with me, he said he tried a lexx first, then he bought a yoshimura and screwed around with his lexx pipe and threw it on his moped.. If anyone wants to know, i know how to make a lexx pipe fit a rockker moped. haha.

ZJTurbo
06-18-2008, 06:45 AM
At full throttle it worked well puilled good no popping. Haven't got to check my plug (can't find my plug tool) I am running a stock pilot my 42 is in the mail. It pulls a little harder up top like you just said just thought it would have gave me more. I will keep trying diff. things. If nothing works of I will just through a full HMF on it.

-Ben

400exrider707
06-18-2008, 07:22 AM
Definitely keep the lid off, a lot more power that way. On my 400ex I had the lid off, Uni filter, FMF ti-4 slip on. 42 pilot, 152 or 155 main depending on temps, needle on the 4th clip down, and 2 1/2 turns out on the fuel screw.

krt400ex
06-18-2008, 07:51 AM
Originally posted by 400exrider707
Definitely keep the lid off, a lot more power that way. On my 400ex I had the lid off, Uni filter, FMF ti-4 slip on. 42 pilot, 152 or 155 main depending on temps, needle on the 4th clip down, and 2 1/2 turns out on the fuel screw.

yep...no lid is the way to go. it makes a noticeable difference in bottom end without the lid.

Honda#4
06-18-2008, 11:15 AM
You wont see max gains unless you jet on all areas of the carb, sounds like your top end is dialed in now you just mess with the pilot and the needle and tweak the A/F screw and you should see mild gains.

Whats all done with the motor besides a S/O?

ZJTurbo
06-18-2008, 12:34 PM
Honda 4 you are right. I just got my 42 pilot jet in and there is power every where now?? I am very happy now. I just don't now how the pilot effected performance? As far as mods I only have the bolt ons I listed Slip on/ choke removed/ lid removed/ outwears cover jetted with a 42 pilot and 155 main. Next will be suspension and hot cam.

Honda#4
06-18-2008, 12:48 PM
Your pilot remember is from idle to quarter throttle so im thinkin you got a bit of hesatation when it wasnt jetted like how it should be which resulted in poor throttle snap like you were looking for.

Now a Cam will really wake your motor up, but do suspension first.

rideracelivemx7
06-18-2008, 08:40 PM
155? im running a 42 piolet i belive, and a 170 main. and still stock exhaust. my motoworks slipon will be in tomorro. but it runs awsome. im running stage 2 intake. drilled fillered holes from uni and outerwears cover and twinair filter. choke removed and pulls like a *****. i ran this with my stock motor before i did my 440 and stage 2 cam and it still ran awsome. try a larger jet. i got my kit from fmf