PDA

View Full Version : v-shape paddles, which way?

250Ronny
06-17-2008, 07:35 PM
http://www.powerpartsplus.com/common/MediaLibrary/CatalogImages/images/100c/19901f64aa.jpg

the kenda trakkers (click link above for pic) clearly state on the sidewall of the wheel the shorter edge of the V goes on the outside of the wheel, tho most ppl seem to run there's with the long part of the V on the outside. wondering if anyone has any actual experience on which way slides better?

troybilt
06-17-2008, 08:26 PM
I don't think in the long scheme of things it makes that much difference. I've always ran them with the smaller V to the inside. This tends to throw the sand when kicked up from the paddles or roosting to the center. When they are to the outside they tend to throw the sand outward. Also, I think with the smaller V to the inside may slide in the turns a scosh better... IMO.

All250R
06-18-2008, 11:10 AM
In my opinion the 250R doesn't need v paddles. The R is known for its exceptional handling, particularly the 88-89. It doesn't really need extra help in the turning department. A better use of a paddle is a straight edge SkatTrak Hauler. It's light and lets the motor accelerate the bike rather than spinning sand in a sideways direction making up for a lack of handling that the bike doesn't even suffer from.

250Ronny
06-18-2008, 05:47 PM
im running the Trakkers and the handling is quite poor when trying to slide on the face of a dune, the bike just wants to go strait and wheelstand

All250R
06-18-2008, 11:14 PM
Hmm. I don't have that problem. Maybe it's riding style.

250r4life
06-19-2008, 02:53 AM
Originally posted by All250R
Hmm. I don't have that problem. Maybe it's riding style.

you just must be a superior rider... :huh

All250R
06-19-2008, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by 250r4life
you just must be a superior rider... :huh I guess you coudn't see that I was trying to help the guy. Maybe it's because you're more intersted in antagonization than being helpful and tend to think everyone else is too. If I thought I rode better on v-paddles on the R I wouldn't have posted what I did, but I don't and maybe it's because of my riding style. People will get more from their motors though in a straight line if they can run a straight paddle. Also on fast corners the straight paddles keep my rear end more stable whereas on the v-paddles it is more slippery and unpredictable. These preferences could be attributed to riding style, but again, you'll get more from yoru motor on a straight paddle if you can figure out how to match how you ride to it. The R is perfectly capabable of cornering eceptionally with the Hauler.

Is that an ok explanation for you? lol!

250r4life
06-19-2008, 05:10 PM
everybody on this site claims to ride pretty aggressively...

im telling ya though, i ride pretty aggresively, and i love the way the v paddles perform. i run sand stars and love them...

juanki
06-21-2008, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by All250R
In my opinion the 250R doesn't need v paddles. The R is known for its exceptional handling, particularly the 88-89. It doesn't really need extra help in the turning department. A better use of a paddle is a straight edge SkatTrak Hauler. It's light and lets the motor accelerate the bike rather than spinning sand in a sideways direction making up for a lack of handling that the bike doesn't even suffer from.

you got that rigth...

regg187
06-24-2008, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by 250r4life
everybody on this site claims to ride pretty aggressively...

im telling ya though, i ride pretty aggresively, and i love the way the v paddles perform. i run sand stars and love them...

I'll give that a big SECOND. I started with V pads and loved em , then some haulers came as a good deal, turing was harder but straight line accel was a little better, went back to V's as we rode motox style in the dunes zigin and zagin quickly to jump every place a scrub brush had made a jump of itself. botom line haulers got sold. I rode with the owner of QUAD TECH, Billie Pointer, back then and even faster nuts, one was a tester for 3&4 wheel action mag as a rating of aggresiveness. of riding.

One last thing about the haulers back then they were notorious for bead leaking, and mine did constantly.