PDA

View Full Version : Arm Pump,...

RedneckRacing18
06-17-2008, 07:07 PM
What Can You Do To Have Arm Pump From Hapening? Besides Workin Out With Your Arms Alot,...Like I Heard Theres Some Sort Of Lotion That Works?

KingpinsEx
06-17-2008, 07:33 PM
Well working out alot is not going to do it itself. It will help, working out in general, but certain exercises will help arm pump specifically. Wrist curls, where you simply curl up your wrist with a dumbell works good. Prolly the best workout you can do is what I call "Rope Pulls" which is basically having a short pipe with a string tied onto it and tieing the other end to a weight plate. Just roll it all the way up and then release it back down. Those are killer for your forearms. Just donig those two exercises will help you out tremendously. Also just plain riding will condition your arms eventually... :macho

RedneckRacing18
06-17-2008, 07:39 PM
Ok Thanks

06-17-2008, 07:53 PM
Yeah, rope curls ftw. Hold your arms fully extended out while you do them, then you really feel it.

06-17-2008, 08:20 PM
yeah i started working out 2/3 times a week. 2 rotations covering all the weights 1 roation each day, 3 sets of 12 and each week i go 10% heavier. I really noticed how my arms dont get nearly as tired riding as they did before and i can lift a quad and spin it around with 1 arm lol

greenblood01
06-17-2008, 09:11 PM
I rode a 400ex all spring, so when I went to the 450, I didn't have to worry about arm pump anymore, because the old 400 beat me to death lol.

06-17-2008, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by greenblood01
I rode a 400ex all spring, so when I went to the 450, I didn't have to worry about arm pump anymore, because the old 400 beat me to death lol.

lol nice yeah stock 400ex front shocks are pogo stick to the max and very unforgiving

greenblood01
06-17-2008, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by FoxHondaRider
lol nice yeah stock 400ex front shocks are pogo stick to the max and very unforgiving

Thats no joke. My buddy just got an LTR with a steering stabilizer and bar risers, and he complains about arm pump after one practice session. I don't have that problem lol.

I think getting beat around by the 400ex made me way faster and helped my longivity when I bought the 450.

06-17-2008, 09:40 PM
thats why i upgraded my pogo stick to 450r fronts. so much better i dont know why i didnt do it when i got the quad lol

greenblood01
06-17-2008, 09:52 PM
Yeah, that was the next mod mine was getting, then I had the chance to upgrade. I really kinda miss the 400 because it was so simple, and had reverse. But for power and handling, I'm happy I got the 450.

LeGaCyGiAnT124
06-18-2008, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by KingpinsEx
Well working out alot is not going to do it itself. It will help, working out in general, but certain exercises will help arm pump specifically. Wrist curls, where you simply curl up your wrist with a dumbell works good. Prolly the best workout you can do is what I call "Rope Pulls" which is basically having a short pipe with a string tied onto it and tieing the other end to a weight plate. Just roll it all the way up and then release it back down. Those are killer for your forearms. Just donig those two exercises will help you out tremendously. Also just plain riding will condition your arms eventually... :macho

Can you explain the rope pull in more detail. I am not understanding what you mean. Also doesn't a stress ball help too?

dustin_j
06-18-2008, 11:50 AM
Hold the short pipe (12" long 7/8" dowel maybe) between your hands like it's a set of handlebars. The string is tied to the middle (through a hole in the pipe). The other end of the string is tied to a weight. You have to twist the pipe - to roll up the string - to pick up the weight. To also strengthen your back, hold your arms out in front of you while you do this.

LeGaCyGiAnT124
06-18-2008, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by dustin_j
Hold the short pipe (12" long 7/8" dowel maybe) between your hands like it's a set of handlebars. The string is tied to the middle (through a hole in the pipe). The other end of the string is tied to a weight. You have to twist the pipe - to roll up the string - to pick up the weight. To also strengthen your back, hold your arms out in front of you while you do this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbkDRcUTGGI

There is a video on how to do it. I just did it 3 times rolling up and rolling down and my arms were buring:devil: It really does work!

Thanks for the vid 400ex28

fastredrider44
06-18-2008, 11:59 AM
The rope pull is a killer on the forearms, and I've seen people use bricks as weight, so it's not at all expensive, but very beneficial as long as you don't overdo it. Another thing for arm pump is the grip squeezer things where you build your grip, and forearms. There's also some new things out called gyro balls and they also have like a gyro stick at the very bottom of the page.

http://www.dynaflexstore.com/

LeGaCyGiAnT124
06-18-2008, 12:08 PM
if i was to do a set of around 15 a day ( rolling up and down ) every day would I notice a difference? Would it really relieve the arm pump I get after riding for a good 2 hour ride? I only get it mainly in my throttle hand on my 4 fingers. Then on the 3rd hour my hands start really getting bad and feels like my fingers are clutched closed and it hurts to open them.

Scro
06-18-2008, 12:16 PM
I've been told that hanging from a bar will stretch out the muscles in your forearm, helping to prevent armpump. A couple people swear by it, but I haven't tried it yet. They say they hang for 10-15 minutes at a time.

KingpinsEx
06-18-2008, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by LeGaCyGiAnT124
if i was to do a set of around 15 a day ( rolling up and down ) every day would I notice a difference? .

YES, simply using a 5-10 pound plate you would be luckly to get 5 reps. You would not believe the burn it creates in the forearms, if you could build up to 15 reps I don't think you need to worry about arm pump! :macho

416exfreak
06-18-2008, 09:14 PM
Rope curls work great...

Guitar works good too (strangthens the fingers for clutching and other things too....):devil:

greenblood01
06-18-2008, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by 416exfreak
Rope curls work great...

Guitar works good too (strangthens the fingers for clutching and other things too....):devil:

Does that apply to guitar hero too?? lol

06-18-2008, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by greenblood01
Does that apply to guitar hero too?? lol

hey try playing one or through the fire and the flames on expert or hard and those long songs can make your arms cramp lol

greenblood01
06-18-2008, 09:48 PM
yeah they can.. even on medium lol. I haven't quite made it that far on hard yet.

TWISTED DINLI
06-18-2008, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by Prodigal
Yeah, rope curls ftw. Hold your arms fully extended out while you do them, then you really feel it.

ya thats what i do to prevent arm pump. when i first started doing it it burned so bad lol u can def feel it

trx310R#24
06-18-2008, 10:38 PM
juat ride alot!

LeGaCyGiAnT124
06-18-2008, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by KingpinsEx
YES, simply using a 5-10 pound plate you would be luckly to get 5 reps. You would not believe the burn it creates in the forearms, if you could build up to 15 reps I don't think you need to worry about arm pump! :macho

No way in hell did I do 15 at a time!! But I am saying like I did 3 sets of 5 rolling them up and down. My forearms felt way better than if I was to do 50 pushups at a time or curl 20 pounds for a bit. This technique definantly seems like it will help with the arm pump. My goal is to do 15 of them each day up until I ride again and then see how my arms feel :)

LeGaCyGiAnT124
06-18-2008, 11:53 PM
hey try playing one or through the fire and the flames on expert or hard and those long songs can make your arms cramp lol

I am not the best at guitar hero but I can get 87 percent on the devil went down to georgia on expert which is harder than TTFAF and I still get arm pump :o :p

I am the left handed player BTW

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/m0PLlcbG9YY&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/m0PLlcbG9YY&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Scro
06-19-2008, 06:55 AM
It blows my mind how some people can play GH like that. My brain doesn't work that fast:p

Ruby Soho
06-19-2008, 07:08 AM
i find it easier playing on a real guitar than guitar hero:p

RedneckRacing18
06-19-2008, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by LeGaCyGiAnT124
I am not the best at guitar hero but I can get 87 percent on the devil went down to georgia on expert which is harder than TTFAF and I still get arm pump :o :p

I am the left handed player BTW

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/m0PLlcbG9YY&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/m0PLlcbG9YY&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

That Aint Chrlie Daniels Who Is It?

LeGaCyGiAnT124
06-19-2008, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by RedneckRacing18
That Aint Chrlie Daniels Who Is It?

Steve Ouimette. You just get used to playing that fast. I remember when I seen my friends play on medium last summer and I was amazed. Now I play on expert and they drool at me :devil:

06-19-2008, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by Ruby Soho
i find it easier playing on a real guitar than guitar hero:p

guitar hero on hard and expert actually is harder than playing the song on a real guitar.

Scro
06-19-2008, 09:47 AM
guitar hero on hard and expert actually is harder than playing the song on a real guitar.

LOL I heard that Slash sucks at Guitar Hero:p

quad28mom
06-19-2008, 10:36 AM
I heard if you eat a banana before you ride helps out, something with the potassium.

chris46250r
06-19-2008, 10:54 AM
Alot of people hold thier breath for small amounts of time, many different times through out a race. This causes the bloodstream to get low on oxygen, which will cause cramps/arm pump.

06-19-2008, 12:46 PM
go to like dicks sporting goods or something and get a gyro ball you spin it off the table then keep it going after a minute it feels like someone is shoving a pole up your arm. helps sooooo much

Warnerade
06-19-2008, 05:46 PM
hey try playing one or through the fire and the flames on expert or hard and those long songs can make your arms cramp lol one on expert is easy lol

through fire and flames...eh...almost there, and am probably gonna stay almost there

woodsracer882
06-19-2008, 10:44 PM
Go to GNC and get some pottasium pills..easier than eating bananas. Take 1 the night before and 1 the morning before your race.And spend the money for a set of FLEXX bars. They really do help!

ccmuscle22
06-20-2008, 12:37 AM
The potassium may help a bit by being an alkaline mineral. This will help to neutralize some of the lactic acid that will flush the muscles once the muscle has been depleted of ATP oxygen. We actually go more with a higher magnesium in our REM-X since it's more effective for causing the muscles to relax as well as being very alkaline. I highly recommend checking us out for a FREE sample if your a serious racer and still dealing with arm pump issues. In the gym, we have our riders focus on back exercises for strength so that the back will hold up longer before fatiguing which will save the arms for longer. Before working your forearms, work your back.

Some of our MXN riders include: John Natalie, Jeremy Lawson, Josh Creamer, Tim Shelman, Doug Eichner, Brent Sturdivant and many more!

Christian
TEAM MXN MotoX Nutrition
www.motoxnutrition.com

mxpimp2000
04-19-2009, 01:11 AM
on this rope & bar with the weight on it how long of a bar do i need and how long of a rope will i need im going to try this out

thanks

BMW Dr.
04-19-2009, 03:49 PM
I got arm pump in the worst way......after a 10 year stint from riding. I bought my YFZ brand new in Sept 2007....and have ridden nearly every weekend since I got it. I tried several methods to get rid of arm pump......and then I did two mods, and my arm pump is non-existant. A steering stabilizer.....and Flexx bars. I couldn't afford a 'big money' stabilizers right now.....so I got a 'shock' type from XCBob.com.

Best two mods I have done to date...... :D

motofreak2772
04-19-2009, 04:36 PM
I did that whole rope and weight thing today.... I'll tell you right now, it sucks. Its harder than it looks after the first one it was killing me. I could only do 4 at a time with 5 lbs. Is that bad?

JParisi48
04-19-2009, 06:04 PM
dood, i really suck, i can only do like 6 with 2.5lbs lol

KFX450Rrider490
04-19-2009, 06:58 PM
what actually is armpump
i mean its basically a carmp in your forearm right??