PDA

View Full Version : e-ton 70 won't rev/no power

nastynotchback1
06-17-2008, 06:09 PM
alright well it lost power so i started checking and found the exhaust stopped up.i order a power kit from lake motorsports.it included pipe,reeds,uni filter,jet kit,and a 1500 rpm clutch springs.installed all this and it was no better.maybe worst.well i checked the compression and it was low so i installed rings and gaskets on the top end.compression is great now and still no power.next i changed the plug twice and still no power.what else could it be????

mutau95
06-19-2008, 08:38 PM
It could be the CDI box gone bad.

nastynotchback1
06-20-2008, 06:33 AM
I FIGURED OUT THAT I HAD THE WRONG CLUTCH WEIGHTS.CHANGED THOSE AND IT GOOD NOW BUT THE CLUTCH NEVER FULLY ENGAGES.THATS ANOTHER PROBLEM I WILL HAVE TO FIGURE OUT.

Nichols Atvs
06-20-2008, 10:35 AM
you need to get a longer Belt

nastynotchback1
06-21-2008, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by Nichols Atvs
you need to get a longer Belt

where do i get a longer one and how much longer?i just bought a new stock belt but have not installed it.the old belt was 3 year old with alot of ride time on it.thought that might help it.

Logan #34's Dad
06-25-2008, 07:31 AM
Get in touch with Marc at Hot Quads. He'll get you squared away. Tell him I sent ya.

nastynotchback1
06-25-2008, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by Logan #34's Dad
Get in touch with Marc at Hot Quads. He'll get you squared away. Tell him I sent ya.

thanks.i will keep him for future reference but i have gotten it squared now.ended up putting a new pipe,reeds,unifilter,jet kit,topend,clutch and belt.doesn't have the bottom end now it had when new but flies in the mid and top end.i expected to have the same bottom end but the pipe doesn't allow that.no more wheelies on it for me.:mad: