PDA

View Full Version : How to get energy after heat one ? *racing*

quad janern
06-17-2008, 03:53 PM
hey guys!
i have a race im going to on Friday.

in heat one in the last race i raced (some weeks ago), i was number 3 in the holeshot, and i was able to keep my place pretty good, but damn i was VERY tired after fighting with the one in front of me, and i really didn`t have energy to heat two.

so im wondering, is there anything i can eat or drink to get some fast energy to heat 2 ? what do you eat / drink after heat one ?

i was told i cold drink a coca cola but it would give me some energy for about one round and i would be tired again :rolleyes:
i was told these energy drinks would not work either. i don`t know ?
what do you think ??
thanks
regards
Jan:)

06-17-2008, 04:31 PM
peanut butter and jelly sandwiches are really good for energy. i run cross country and i started to eat them before each practice. yesterday we ran 6 miles after a hardwork out and I felt great I had a lot of energy and stuff. Everytime I go riding I pack 2 peanutbutter and jelly sandwiches in my cooler because they are high in carbs and give you energy and they dont feel heavy in your stomach. Drink as much water as you can too so your muscles dont wear out as quickly from dehydration. Energy drinks do give you a boost in energy but carbonated drinks arent the best thing for you.

BlaineKaiser450
06-17-2008, 04:39 PM
Sodas and energy drinks give you arm pump. I eat 3-4 bananas on race days. Also try eating pasta and stuff on the night before races

06-17-2008, 04:44 PM
Drink as much water as you do gatorade. Drink a cup of water, then cup of gatorade. This is what a lot of pro's say is the best.

Eat pasta night before the race. It's slow release carbs, and RIGHT before the heat 2, suck on a honey bear. Honey is like instant energy.

I agree with the pb and j though, I eat them when I ride also, I think it's less scientific and more kind of a soul food deal. It's impossible to feel wiped out when you feel so good!

And lastly, I drink my Fizzing blue balls. Bawls energy drink, 150mg of caffeine. Then you add two bawls energy mints. 50mg of caffeiene each. They dissolve like alchaseltzer tabs and fizz. It leaves you twitching with energy.

baldwinmx450r
06-17-2008, 05:03 PM
www.motoxnutrition.com This stuff rocks! As far as nutrition goes, my lips are sealed..... Christian the owner of moto x may offer some helpful hints thou.

416exfreak
06-17-2008, 09:07 PM
Water and Gatorade.

Right after you pull off the track, go for a SLOW 3-5 minute jog and stretch. Then drink a half glass of chocolate milk (carbs) and eat a tablespoon of peanut butter.

I also run XC, and thats what I do. I usually run for squad A (varsity) then run with Squad B to give them encouragement and keep them moving. Then for fun I run the open race with all the adults :)

Good luck with your race. Just remember to breath, relax and have fun. Keep the rubber side down!:macho:

I helped you, foxhondarider, when you had questions about running XC...when you first started. Seems like your doing good.

I just started my summer training regiment...9-10 miles a day:ermm: I run 4 in the morning and 6 in the afternoon...haha:D

06-17-2008, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by 416exfreak
I helped you, foxhondarider, when you had questions about running XC...when you first started. Seems like your doing good.

I just started my summer training regiment...9-10 miles a day:ermm: I run 4 in the morning and 6 in the afternoon...haha:D

yeah i will be doing 10 mile runs in august but for now its only 6 or 7. If your going to states hope to see you there

416exfreak
06-17-2008, 09:15 PM
If I can break into the 17 minute region, then I'll be there. With no Joe this year...things should be a little easier on us..haha!

Right now im running low 18's....so im thinking I can do it by the end of the season. I'll keep my fingers crossed:blah:

06-17-2008, 09:26 PM
If I can break into the 17 minute region, then I'll be there. With no Joe this year...things should be a little easier on us..haha!

Right now im running low 18's....so im thinking I can do it by the end of the season. I'll keep my fingers crossed:blah:

joe franklin is beast lol my goal is just to be in the 19's maybe 18's. I'm just starting this year so I have my work cut out for me. I went to a race last friday and I killed myself on the 1st mile, i ran the 1st mile in 6:40 and after that I started to feel that pizza i ate come up lol so i had to really slow down because i rather not puke so my overall time i was very dissapointed in but its all because of something i ate. Next time i'm going with pb and j at least an hour before i run.

trx400exxracer
06-17-2008, 09:28 PM
Cardio stack

accel gel!

400EXtreme
06-18-2008, 12:21 PM
i wouldnt drink anything carbonated, gives you cramps.

fastredrider44
06-18-2008, 01:23 PM
If you insist on an energy drink, get one of those five hour energy drinks that are the size of a shot. Avoid the caffenine and carbonation. For energy, Eat right and get plenty of sleep the night before. That will do more than you think. The peanut butter and jelly is good. Not only does it have a good deal of carbs, but the peanut butter also has protein. When you are overall physically fit, the energy will come. Also, practice often. Don't expect to race on the weekends and do well if you don't practice during the week. I'm proud to say that since I have started racing XC and harescrambles, I have lost ten pounds, stopped smoking, and very seldom drink. The first race about killed me. the last race I could've gone another lap easily.

quad janern
06-18-2008, 03:55 PM

Good luck with your race. Just remember to breath, relax and have fun. Keep the rubber side down!:macho:

thank you:D ! i will try to relax but it kinda hard. but for sure, its much easier to ride when your relaxed :O !
hey 416exfreak, what do you eat/drink after heat one ?

thanks for all the good answers guys!:D very helpfull !!!
i will try the peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. cant wait to try it ^^
i will also try the Gatorade and water if thats what the pro`s says.
i`ll hope i have some energy to heat two this time :D

i will let you know my race results and how my energy results will be
thanks again!
-j :)

Warnerade
06-18-2008, 07:51 PM
Water and Gatorade.

Right after you pull off the track, go for a SLOW 3-5 minute jog and stretch. Then drink a half glass of chocolate milk (carbs) and eat a tablespoon of peanut butter. why chocolate milk? White milk has carbs too...

06-18-2008, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by NacsRacer027
why chocolate milk? White milk has carbs too...

everyone knows that chocolate milk taste better lol i wouldnt recomend drinking milk when your breaking a sweat because it turns over in your stomach and actually starts to go bad if your in the heat or your breaking a sweat.

416exfreak
06-18-2008, 08:03 PM
After heat one, I always go for a SLOW 3-5 minute jog...more or less the sam speed as a 'powerwalk'.

And I will eat one tablespoon of peanut butter along with half a glass of cholocolate milk (nesquick is good).

Foxhondarider, I drink a glass of chocolate milk everyday after I run and after every race. Never have I thrown up from it. My XC coach recommends it and even enforces it after some races.

Cardiostack is the sexx.:devil: