PDA

View Full Version : Best Skid Plates???

anykine
06-17-2008, 02:07 PM
What are the best skid plate for chassis and swing arm?

powermadd400ex
06-17-2008, 02:10 PM
i rele like my moose skids, they hold up very well
pro amor are great as well
my friend jus got some ac skids so we'll see how they hold up

06-17-2008, 02:12 PM
I havent tried any others but I have PRM and they are extremely strong and bolt up super easy.

Colby@C&DRacing
06-17-2008, 02:52 PM
You can't beat the fit,finish, and durability of PRM

blaaze416
06-17-2008, 07:26 PM
I've heard good things about PRM, too. though I do like my pro armor. The swing skid is THICK and suprisingly light. Has a poly chain runner so the chain won't wear out. And it doesn't sit too low and hold me up in the ruts. Fit perfect.

anykine
06-17-2008, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by blaaze416
I've heard good things about PRM, too. though I do like my pro armor. The swing skid is THICK and suprisingly light. Has a poly chain runner so the chain won't wear out. And it doesn't sit too low and hold me up in the ruts. Fit perfect.

Does all the swing arm skip plate come with poly chain runner? Is that important?

anykine
06-17-2008, 09:24 PM
Will the PRM or Pro Armor work with Elka Rear Shock Linkage or GT thunder Rear Shock Linkage?

blaaze416
06-18-2008, 05:20 AM
Originally posted by anykine
Does all the swing arm skip plate come with poly chain runner? Is that important?

I've seen some without one, but I believe most do. It helps protect your chain from wear when it strethes and your not able to adjust it....like on a long trip. And/or keeps things quiet by not letting the chain slap the plate on rough terrain.

coryatver
06-18-2008, 05:33 AM
PRM is the best by far

dustin_j
06-18-2008, 08:04 AM
Originally posted by anykine
Will the PRM or Pro Armor work with Elka Rear Shock Linkage or GT thunder Rear Shock Linkage?

The Elka linkage may work, but you'd have to cut out the linkage box on the skid to use a GT Thunder linkage

krt400ex
06-18-2008, 12:19 PM
im running a pro armor skid on mine...and after seeing all the abuse it gets and still holds up (after three solid yrs of hardcore beating)...i will buy nothing but pro armor

Allison55ex'er
08-03-2008, 06:23 PM
My DG holds up great. has anyone tried the durablue hammerforce composite skids

plunge
08-03-2008, 06:27 PM
i have the ricochet bullet and it mounted up in like 5 minutes. it was so easy. and from all the reviews i read about it, it holds up great. i haven't taken it out for a ride yet, but it seems very sturdy. it was only like 100 on rmatv

elmer91
08-03-2008, 06:57 PM
i have pro armor, and though i havent had them very long, they are great. the swing arm skid is very thick. the one problem i did have with pro armor was the mounts for the chassis was right where my nerfs ran across at. i do know that a while ago they had one for nerfs and one without, but they didnt have that option when i ordered.

MtnEX
08-04-2008, 01:32 AM
I have all PRM stuff and really like it.

Easy on/off full protection.

I just started thinking about the rear linkages today though.
It sorta sucks about that.
But the fact PRM protects that area also is one of the reasons I like them.

Anyone know how much clearance you would need for the linkages?

I'd be tempted to get in touch with PRM and see if they would make me a mod-skid for that before just buying another that's just already open/unprotected in the linkage area.

Honestly, I do think the rear bucks a little... that's how I found out they make links to correct it... lol...

08-04-2008, 06:49 AM
Originally posted by MtnEX
I have all PRM stuff and really like it.

Easy on/off full protection.

I just started thinking about the rear linkages today though.
It sorta sucks about that.
But the fact PRM protects that area also is one of the reasons I like them.

Anyone know how much clearance you would need for the linkages?

I'd be tempted to get in touch with PRM and see if they would make me a mod-skid for that before just buying another that's just already open/unprotected in the linkage area.

Honestly, I do think the rear bucks a little... that's how I found out they make links to correct it... lol...

prm makes a skid for the 450rs that are pre-cut for the linkages...i am not sure if they do for the 400ex or not.

i like prm and armadillo. the 'dillo's are just as tough as the prm, but not as pretty. but who cares it gets beat up and is under the quad anyway...for the difference in price, the 'dillo gets my money

nissanraceboy
08-08-2008, 11:24 AM
DG skid all the way! I had a AC swing arm skid that only lasted for a couple years and I was constantly bending it back. The DG is super thick and has a poly chain slide. Hasn't bent at all.

BigLuke
08-08-2008, 11:45 AM
Factory plastic one on mine is still holding up, 2 years strong!

blaaze416
08-08-2008, 09:13 PM
Honda used plastic for a skid plate?!? :eek2: :eek2: :huh
Zoinks!