PDA

View Full Version : 2004 400ex for sale! CHEAP! Must go fast! KY

Honda4lyphe
06-17-2008, 01:00 PM
I have a 2004 honda 400ex for sale, i just dropped from 2500 to 2250 for two reasons, one is one of the ball joints got knocked loose messing up the alignment a bolt on the front bumper got knocked off and its bent a little, im working on straitning it. It has just been serviced by a Hontech professional, hes told me to just ride it until the joint gets loose enough to affect the handeling, but it will hold up. The seals need to be replaced by next summer, its a cheap job if you bring in the engine yourself. Theres very little smoke, its just showing the signs and from what he said its fine for the summer. I just got my rear brake assembly put together, im working on it though to get it working, reguardless all the parts to make it work are there. Clean bike, fast, and its totally ready to ride. I have to sell by next week and buy my motorcycle because we are taking a road trip to flordia. Go to this thread for more. Now, i have brand new tires for the rear but no rims, so you need to get some 20x11 instead of the stock 20x10. I have new rims but they are steel and bent on me, so i put the old back on. the front are fine though. Brand new holeshot HD's reguardless. I can deliver a small ways. Plans have changed for me, i just cant afford to move back up to raceing again right now so im going to enjoy motorcycleing for a little while. Call me at 270-703-2258. pics in the old thread, i will take new ones though because i have buffed it up in the terms of looking good. http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=352962

Lonestar_R
06-17-2008, 02:57 PM
Can you get new pics of what is wrong with it? And is the frame tweaked?

Would you be interested in an LTR for trade for your 400EX plus Cash?

Honda4lyphe
06-17-2008, 11:19 PM
Nothing is tweaked in the frame, just the dg bumper but i straitned it today. im working on drilling the bolt that got knocked off out, but it holds together nicely. Im going to take it in to my shop tomorrow and see if i can fix the allignment, i have no idea whats with it. But it holds tight and does not affect handeling, the a-arm bolt area just moves alot, thats whats wrong. It looks 10x better than it did in the pics, i polished some stuff. I'll take pics tomorrow.

About the LTR, it depends on how much cash over you want and if you will deliver. My friend took my truck to alaska for the summer, so i have no way of moveing my quad nor anyone elses. But i really really need cash. Its so tempting i cant give a solid no though, lol.