PDA

View Full Version : TBA from June 28-29 moved to July 12-13

renae
06-16-2008, 07:42 PM
Ok, we got some big news for everybody. The TBA race June 28-29 will be pushed back to July 12-13. It will be a pretty big event for me personally and a bunch of other people I'm sure. Most people don't know but I had cancer twice, once at age 19 in 1994 and again in 1998. I went through a lot of chemotherapy and radiation treatments. This in turn really effected my circulation and the 6 surgeries ruined my Immune system. I was one of the lucky ones that made it through. We lost one of the sweetest people I ever met this year to cancer, Linda Mcmillen. So when we were trying to set up for this race I suggested we also make it a cancer benifit and Chuck Greenlee and Joe Scherer were all for it. So this is the deal, we are going to have a ton of fund raisers at this event and send all the money to the American Cancer Society. I will have a definit announcment on the venue this week and if you could E-mail me ideas on what to do for fund raisers here it would help a bunch. Another cool thing is my diagnosis date in 1998 was July 12th. If you would like to get involved with this event please E-mail me.

joshlojak@hotmail.com or you can email me at brandie01@windstream.net