PDA

View Full Version : Maintenance suggestions on a really muddy Grizzlys?

thederbychick
06-16-2008, 02:24 PM
Just wondered if there were any tricks or must do's after mudding in thick nasty sandy mud?

We did the unforgiveable and took these out late last fall and were lazy and just did a real basic clean up on them and then let them sit for the winter. Got them out this spring, did another basic clean up and then took them on a big muddin' trip (Clark/Jackson Co. WI) memorial day weekend. Brought them home super nasty. Of course We're having the typical overheating issues - anyone got any superdee dooper rad cleaning tricks?

Getting ready for a big trip again over the 4th and want to make sure I've done what I can to have the quads ready to ride with as least amount of troubles.

They've been pressure washed twice, then removed all the plastic and pressure washed again. We took off the wheels and tried our best to clean around the brakes and all that -

Anything else that we're over looking?

This has all been with just water, should I be using something else? (I don't care about looks - I just want to make sure that the guts are all taken care of.)

Thanks in advance for any info!!

Casey :)

sparksmakefire
06-17-2008, 04:38 PM
on my polaris sportsman i widen the pressure washer out and spray into the radiator back and forth across it and dark brown muddy water comes out. very successful for me.