PDA

View Full Version : Fisrt time changing brake pads need help

kawi
06-16-2008, 12:43 PM
Well i have a 05 kfx have had it for about a year and love it but anyway i don't know anything about the brakes so i need help changing the rear pads and how to bleed the front ones any help will be appriated thanks

NRPkfx400
06-16-2008, 01:22 PM
First for the front ones. You need to get the quads front end in the air with a jack. Then take off the wheels. Then Remove the brake caliper mounting bolts ( These are 2 allen key bolts )and brake pad mounting pins( 2 regular bolts above the caliper), Remove the break pads. Revrse to install new ones.

Bleeding the brakes. Well i've never done that on my Z so someone else help this guy out. I hope i gave you the right info.

kawi
06-16-2008, 04:26 PM
thanks man i got them on now i just got to figure out how to bleed them cause i have air in the lines

NRPkfx400
06-17-2008, 09:11 AM
In my manual it says to attach a tube to the air bleeder valve and insert the open end of the hose into a receptical. sqeeze and release the brake lever several times in rapid succession Then squeeze the lever fully without releasing it. Loosen the air bleeder valve by turning it a quarter turn so that the brake fluid runs into the receptacle. This will remove any tension in the lever and will cause it to touch the handlebar. Now close the air bleeder valve and pump and squeeze the lever and open the valve. Do this until the fluid flowing into the receptacle no longer contains air bubble.

mlrsone
06-17-2008, 12:47 PM
the key to the receptical trick is to have brake fluid in the receptical (cup) and the hose submerged to keep it from bleeding air back in.