PDA

View Full Version : Cherry bomb faulty???

Springbok
06-16-2008, 11:09 AM
I fitted a new Dasa pipe over the weekend and tested it today but the quad runs like poop? Mid-range is OK ,but top end is up to crap! I have got a Vapor clock on and the max revs usually peaked at over 11000 RPM,now I hit the limiter at about 10250 RPM. I was running my stock exhaust with baffle removed,airbox lid removed and cherry bomb with TFI for the last year and had the head ported recently,with no problems. I must still dyna test and set the TFI up for the new exhaust,but is it possible that the Cherry bomb went faulty???

miller821
06-16-2008, 12:22 PM
Sounds like the TFI just needs set up... I'd do that, then worry about if the Cherry Bomb's gone bad.

Why didn't you go with PCIII or somethin though?

Springbok
06-16-2008, 12:28 PM
PCIII? Is that a power commander? I am new in this and "old-hands" said the TFI is easier to set up. Apparently you need a laptop to set the Power commander?

miller821
06-16-2008, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by Springbok
PCIII? Is that a power commander? I am new in this and "old-hands" said the TFI is easier to set up. Apparently you need a laptop to set the Power commander?

This is true, but all you need to do is plug the usb into the Power Commander and send the map. It's a breeze.

But assuming you have easy access to a dyno, the TFI should be good.

LTR548
06-16-2008, 01:40 PM
If you know anyone else with a cherry bomb I would unplug theres first and see before you go spend money on the dyno!